OT: carbon dioxide reduction question

On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 06:42:55 -0700 (PDT), kreed put finger to keyboard and composed:

I refrain from drinking mineral water because it is indistinguishable from tap water, but others claim that it, too, has an unacceptable carbon footprint.

"LONDON -- London Mayor Ken Livingstone on Tuesday [February 19, 2008] launched a blitz against bottled mineral water, urging restaurant customers in the British capital to ask for tap water to help the environment.

Livingstone said tap water was not only cheaper but also comes without the heavy carbon footprint of transporting bottled varieties by road and often vast distances by air from countries as far away as Fiji and New Zealand."

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Yes.

Reply to
who where

Deliver? or receive.... The brewing process generates CO2.

Reply to
who where

Good, thank you for confirming that.

Reply to
kreed

**You're most welcome.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

water)

.

I always drank tap water (again no difference in taste in my opinion, and it is essentially free) but stopped when fluoride was put in by QLD state government order earlier in the year, as there is plenty of controversy as to its safety that I would rather not risk it. Back to rain water for me.

(For those that are into carbon footprints, I don't see how you can beat rainwater).

Reply to
kreed

I know for a fact that one of the large name mineral waters sold here in WA is simply bore water from a property in the hills near Perth.

Tap water is the way to go.

Reply to
Dennis

yup basic chemistry , beer is related to yogurt :) I know which I prefer

--
Reply to
atec77

For what ?

Reply to
kreed

water)

How about all the ambulance traffic for people who get dysentery from drinking the bird droppings rinsed off their roof? ;-&

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

ted water)

On modern tanks, you have a "first flush" unit, that discards the first lot of water, this allows sufficient time for the roof to be washed clean before the tank starts filling, then the water is fine, no dirt and crap. Interestingly though, at school a long long time ago, we had 2x 8,000 gallon (approx) tanks that collected rain water from the roof for drinking - no first flush or filter, everyone drank out of them, including the teachers and no one got sick from it.

Of course, if there were toxic chemicals in the air and it wasnt safe, I wouldnt drink it, but that isnt the case here.

No health problems in my family.

Reply to
kreed

**For this:

"**BIG difference. Beer and some sparkling wines generate their own CO2 via the fermentation process." 10/2/2011

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 06:33:30 +1100, "Trevor Wilson" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't see the distinction. If we didn't brew alcoholic beverages, then we wouldn't be creating CO2. Therefore, CO2 generated by the fermentation process is still essentially man-made.

It's a bit like saying that it's not our driving that causes air pollution, it's the natural consequence of the internal combustion process.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

**I'm not attempting to make any such distinction. I am merely attempting to educate the monumentally ignorant, 'kreed', in some scientific facts. IE: That the fermentaion process creates CO2. For some reason, this idiot continues to post unscientific nonsense. Earlier, the claim was made that carbonated drinks were a problem, because they used CO2. A completely different scenario, though the energy required for manufacture may create CO2. I also made the point that locking CO2 up in soft drink containers is actually a good thing (though an incredibly wasteful, energy intensive method of removing CO2 from the atmosphere).
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Was clarifying since there was a difference of opinion there, and it is always wise to take what Trevor says with a grain of salt when discussing anything to do with carbon dioxide as he pulls out the corporate "21st century religious ministry" called the IPCC .

Thank you for your assistance Trevor.

For some reason, this idiot

The CO2 comes out once you open the drinks though, or once it is drunk, absorbed by and then expelled from the human body - and probably a lot of CO2 (looking at if from a "warmist" point of view) is emitted in the process of producing and transporting this CO2 in the first place.

I don't drink the shit, so Im not contributing to this form of "carbon pollution" (unimportant), to corporate profits (important), or to my own bad health. (very important)

Reply to
kreed

Can't you read? I said DELIVER. What was generated by the brewing process didn't produce enough CO2, so they trucked in what they needed to get the desired levels. There are a lot of different ways to brew beer, after all.

Michael A. Terrell

**Says the person who understands nothing about science. Time for you to go back to school. Your education is severely compromised.
**Like I said: You're welcome. I posted the information two days ago. In any case, the release of CO2 during fermentation is very basic high school science stuff. The fact that you are unaware of this, very basic piece of chemistry, suggests that you are way out of your depth discussing scientific matters.
**Duh.

**You would not be missed. You ignorant religious nutters place far more importance on your own health than the rest of us do.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

go

any

fic

HMMM - very nasty comment Trevor. We are starting to see your true "green fascism" personality shine through.

Religious Nutters ? LOL

So I take it you are obsessed with vegetarian/veganism, and such shit then if that is the case ?

Enjoy those lentils then while you bash your IPCC bible.

Reply to
kreed

**A factual one. Nothing more, nothing less. No malice. Just the facts. Ignorant fools like you are rarely missed.

We are starting to see your true

**Religious fruitcakes like yourself, Tony Abbott, Nick Minchin and George Pell regularly deny science.
**Strawman noted. And ignored.

**The IPCC is a scientific body. Something you have no familiarity with. You, Tony Abbott, Nick Minchin and George Pell are reading from the same book.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

own CO2 via

piping for

beer

Not all that closely, different bacteria, different inputs, and different outputs.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk