OT: carbon dioxide reduction question

Since there has been all this hype about removing carbon emissions,

Why hasn't anyone come up with the concept of totally banning soft
drinks, since these are all made with
carbon dioxide (for the carbonated water) and unlike electricity and
transport fuels are definitely not an
essential item to humanity (Debatably quite the opposite) and would
cause relatively small disruption to society if banned.

This kind of struck me today when i walked past a bar and saw large
cylinders marked carbon dioxide being unloaded for use in drinks.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

Would you extend this to beer, ale and sparkling wines?

For shame!

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

snipped-for-privacy@i30g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...

Hmmmm... I suppose removing the CO2 is a good idea. The trees, grass and
other plant life wouldn't grow as fast. Less grass to cut. Wait. I don't
have to cut the grass.

Hmmmm... I suppose the plant growth would also slow down the oxygen
produced too. That might be good! Maybe all the CO2 idiots would
suffocate!

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question
On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 21:31:47 +0000 (UTC), Jim Whitby

Considering the intellectual content of your post, it would seem you
are a non-CO2 idiot.  CO2 content of the atmosphere is not a limiting
factor of plant growth.  Moisture, sunlight, minerals, and temperature
are the key limiting factors.  Temperature is the wild card - as
temperatures increase plants at the warmer end of their range no
longer thrive.  Eventually plants which are hardy at the higher
temperature will supplant them, but in the interim there is less
growth, and less CO2 absorbed.

PlainBill

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

**BIG difference. Beer and some sparkling wines generate their own CO2 via
the fermentation process.

**For shame indeed. WFT were you idiots doing when you were supposed to be
learning science in school?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

WTF does WFT mean?

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

**LOL! That would be a typo.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

   Wantonly Feeding Trolls

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

   Then why do breweries need huge tanks of Carbon Dioxide?

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

**They don't. Well, not all of them. CO2 is not required for beer, though it
is used sometimes.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

 CO2 is produced in the production of beer. It is collected ( or harvested
in NS ) and used in the bars and pubs etc for the serving thereof.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question
On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 21:03:31 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

The ones I have visited (northern Europe, mainly) have tanks for
*collecting* the CO2 byproduct of brewing, and it is then used
industrially or in-house for carbonated drinks.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

   The blueprints I saw for one brewery had a large tank, and piping for
tank trucks to deliver Carbon Dioxide.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question
What I know as beer gas
  A lot of the generated gas in the fermentation process is used to
compress the kegs and larger container for delivery , very strong beer
smell of course

--

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

So in other words, the brewing process generates CO2 ?

(Not that it matters of course)

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

Yes.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

Good, thank you for confirming that.

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

**You're most welcome.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question
For what ?

Re: carbon dioxide reduction question

**For this:

"**BIG difference. Beer and some sparkling wines generate their own CO2 via
the fermentation process." 10/2/2011

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au