OT butpossibly interesting for some

http://www.flixxy.com/helicopter-cable-inspector.htm

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

I hope those guys get paid well.

Sylvia.

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

I loved that.

Yes there is no reason to be afraid of 'lectric if it cannot
complete a circuit.

The height thing would kill it for me. The bird on
the line comment sums it up.

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

It is mind over matter!

If you don't mind it doesn't matter.

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

More relative, and impressive, is the link to the Veyron top speed run....

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

Indeed: <http://www.flixxy.com/bugatti-veyron.htm

They sure know how to dramatise it :-)

I remember back in the 80s there was a supercar called the Vector. It
was a twin turbo 350 Chev that could manage 397km/h without all that
shape shifting. However it did put out 1300hp.

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

It was actually a lot closer to 350km/h and 650hp.

--
Kwyj.

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some
The Vector might be back; see
http://jalopnik.com/cars/la/blasting-from-the-past-vector-avtech-wx8-321943.php

I wonder if the new Vector will live up to Wiegert's hype this
time.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

I remember you could adjust the boost from inside the cabin to take it
up to 1300hp at full boost. I thought the TV show Beyond 2000 verified
it at 247mph. The claim was 250.

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

After getting the dust off my Beyond 2000 book, it shows the Vector W2-A as
having a top speed of 380km/h. Twin turbo 5.7L aluminum V8 with 447KW @
65000rpm.

I rember reading somewhere also that they tended to catch fire.

Dave.

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

Oh well I was only a kid for most of the 80s, so I could easily be
wrong. But it does seem odd to quote only 600hp (447kW) at the same
time as claiming 380km/h.

Nice :-)

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

That's not really all that quick for a 1300hp car considering a normally
aspirated big block GT40 could do that with under 600 horses in the '60's.

Noddy.

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

That's what I was thinking.

Roger

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

And we're just supposed to believe that, are we?

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

You can believe it *not* to be true if you like, but historical fact may
make you look stupid :)

Noddy.

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

Fortunately for him, it's impossible to prove.

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

Not at all.

GT40's were running over 240mph down the straight at Le Mans, Sebring and
just about every other track where they dominated the race.

It's all out there if you care to look for it.

Noddy.

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

WTF?  If I wanted to dispute those facts, I would have replied to YOUR
post instead of RogerM's post.

I dispute what RogerM was thinking, and suspect he was trying to ride on
your coattails.

If Roger truly was thinking that a normally aspirated big block GT40 could
do 247mph with under 600 horses in the '60s, why didn't he mention it
himself rather than wait for your post?

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some
SCP

Edited out AA

Re: OT butpossibly interesting for some

Huh?

And what's the relevance of silly 3-letter acronyms (*) to aus.tv?

Restored AA, and edited out AC, AE, and AT from followups.

(*) Lesson for Pits: The word you were looking for is abbreviation, or
perhaps initialism.  Acronyms must be pronounceable.

Site Timeline