OT (but not really): Ironman

I just saw Ironman at the movies - awesome stuff. Oodles of leading edge technology gadgets in it, some plausible, others not so plausible. Definitely a must-see movie for any electronics and techno gadget buff. Gotta love any movie with soldering iron action. Deserves all the rave reviews it's been getting.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Superman is just some guy flying around in his underwear. It's too fantastic.

Ironman is a technological achiever working with cool sh*t. (I'm sure many are in electronics just for the cool factor.)

Some appeal of Ironman is that it's about a man and his machines. Like boys playing with dump trucks in the sand box.

Question is: Is this a date movie?

I think not..

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

**If it's nearly as good as No Country For Old Men, I might go see it. So, the question is: Is it nearly as good (I don't expect it to be as good)?

Trevor Wilson

Reply to
Trevor Wilson

Hmm, hard to compare with a dark evil guy going around shooting people with a pneumatic air gun. But ironman has more cool weapons and toys. So yeah, it's almost as good I recon, definitely more fun. Ironman is funny too, real funny. If you are after performances, Robert Downey Jr is simply brilliant.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

It's a great "date test" movie. If the girl likes it then you know you could be on a winner. Just to make sure it wasn't a Robert Downey Jr thing, follow it up with some video games, bear chugging, football, and all-night internet sessions. If she is still around after that, marry her.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

It's already on the 'net.

Btw, Dave, how's the Calcwatch release coming?

For those on sed who don't know about Dave's watch,

regards David

Reply to
dmm

Yea, but it shows some fool hammering on a piece of hot metal too. I mean how 18th century. Dogs, at least show some precision casting instead.

Reply to
JosephKK

Maybe he was just hammering out the defects from a crappy casting :P

What bugged me was that the G-forces would probably kill Ironman. Hit by shell. Hit by an airplane wing. Blasted by a missile explosion Others...

According to

"Any exposure to around 100 g or more, even if momentary, is likely to be lethal, although the record is 179 g" And

" Formula One racing car driver David Purley survived an estimated 179.8 g in 1977 when he decelerated from 173 km/h (108 mph) to rest over a distance of 66 cm (26 inches) after his throttle got stuck wide open and he hit a wall"

Sure.. the Ironman suit can protect him on the outside but there's nothing protecting his internal organs from all the shock on the inside.

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

D from BC wrote: (snip)

... hit by a planet.

--
Regards,

John Popelish
Reply to
John Popelish

Yep. Even apparently localized shock propagates very well. Thus the killing power of high velocity projectiles.

Reply to
JosephKK