OT: Bin Laden Dead?

In the last few minutes:

Was first reported that Obama would address the US nation Sunday night, and the speculation was that they got Gaddaffi. Latest reports now is that it is Bin Laden they got.

Having trouble with very slow comms out of OZ right now, so it is a little hard to verify.

Cheers Don...

========================

-- Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:

Dontronics Site Map:
E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Reply to
Don McKenzie

CNN agree

keithr

every TV channel is carrying it now.

President Obama will address the US nation shortly.

Cheers Don...

============================

-- Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:

Dontronics Site Map:
E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Reply to
Don McKenzie

The satellite news from Pakistan says he was killed in a mansion outside of Islamabad. But reliability is low. :)

--
If your ideas are any good you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
  -- Howard Aiken

That is what Obama just said. A US team attacked his compound in Pakistan and killed him. The only question is whether he had any relevance any more.

Reply to
keithr

Osama Bin Laden is an anagram of Islamabad Neon. Perchance that was the name of the mansion?

:)

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Al Q's threats to remove various W-supported regimes across the Middle East sure has been trumped.

Will have to wait to see whether Al-Zawahiri's threatened "firestorm" at any killing of OBL now happens.

--
[A]s a Conservative, I have no tolerance for ambiguity.
  -- BONZO@27-32-240-172 [86 nyms and counting], 14 Jan 2011 14:46 +1100

It appears to be true however will it make any difference at this late date ? I doubt it as there are several very smart people willing to do dreadful things in his shoes

--
Reply to
atec77

**Not much at all, but it is symbolic. It is also, in the minds of most Americans, justice. It has also made it a whole bunch harder for a Republican to be President. Trump appears to be dead in the water (justifiably). Obama did what Bush should have done a decade ago.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I think it was Clinton that first put out the contract on OBL. The wires say the hunt for him has cost 45000 Americans casualties so far.

I also noticed the city Abbottabad (no relation :) is pretty interesting. It's 150 km N of Islamabad (I notice even Reuters are saying "outside of Islamabad" -- I guess they mean the *way* outer 'burbs) is a transit city for the region, has a whole bunch of colleges and religious schools, and a significant Pakistan military college.

Seems to be ripe for some embarrassing followups in the near future.

--
If your ideas are any good you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
  -- Howard Aiken
Reply to
kym

nd the speculation was that they got Gaddaffi.

e hard to verify.

Sigh.

What a load of hype. At least it will save the US taxpayers a little, since that if he is really dead, there will be one less on the CIA payroll.

Reply to
kreed

Sons? Grandchildren?

Reply to
T.T.

keithr wrote

He's always relevant given that he organised 9/11.

Reply to
Rod Speed

snipped-for-privacy@kymhorsell.com wrote

Bet it doesnt, they're completely irrelevant now, they couldnt even manage to protect him.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Trevor Wilson wrote

And that last is what matters.

I doubt it will make any difference to that.

What they care about is the unemployment rate and the state of the economy etc.

He always was. Palin in spades.

Easier said than done.

Reply to
Rod Speed

T.T. wrote

the speculation was that they got

hard to verify.

At least one of them died at the same time.

Too young to be relevant.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Best coverage and pictures possibly here right now:

Cheers Don...

========================

-- Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:

Dontronics Site Map:
E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Reply to
Don McKenzie

Good news, but ironic considering the US backed him to boot the Russians out of Afghanistan.

Be interesting to see what happens next.

Reply to
Dr Who

Not the first time a yankee got it wrong

--
Reply to
atec77

I can still recall that TV footage of Bin Laden's group using US supplied Stinger missiles to bring down Russian helicopter gunships.

It's a strange world we live in.

Reply to
Dr Who