OT: Bin Laden Dead?

In the last few minutes:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

Was first reported that Obama would address the US nation Sunday night, and the
speculation was that they got Gaddaffi.
Latest reports now is that it is Bin Laden they got.

Having trouble with very slow comms out of OZ right now, so it is a little hard
to verify.

Cheers Don...

========================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story
CNN agree

http://www.cnn.com /

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?

every TV channel is carrying it now.

President Obama will address the US nation shortly.

Cheers Don...

============================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

The satellite news from Pakistan says he was killed in a mansion outside
of Islamabad. But reliability is low. :)

--
If your ideas are any good you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
  -- Howard Aiken

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story
That is what Obama just said. A US team attacked his compound in
Pakistan and killed him. The only question is whether he had any
relevance any more.

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

Al Q's threats to remove various W-supported regimes across the
Middle East sure has been trumped.

Will have to wait to see whether Al-Zawahiri's threatened "firestorm"
at any killing of OBL now happens.

--
[A]s a Conservative, I have no tolerance for ambiguity.
  -- BONZO@27-32-240-172 [86 nyms and counting], 14 Jan 2011 14:46 +1100

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

Bet it doesnt, they're completely irrelevant now, they couldnt even manage to
protect him.

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

**Not much at all, but it is symbolic. It is also, in the minds of most
Americans, justice. It has also made it a whole bunch harder for a
Republican to be President. Trump appears to be dead in the water
(justifiably). Obama did what Bush should have done a decade ago.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

I think it was Clinton that first put out the contract on OBL.
The wires say the hunt for him has cost 45000 Americans casualties so far.

I also noticed the city Abbottabad (no relation :) is pretty interesting.
It's 150 km N of Islamabad (I notice even Reuters are saying "outside
of Islamabad" -- I guess they mean the *way* outer 'burbs) is a transit
city for the region, has a whole bunch of colleges and religious schools,
and a significant Pakistan military college.

Seems to be ripe for some embarrassing followups in the near future.

--
If your ideas are any good you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
  -- Howard Aiken

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

And that last is what matters.

I doubt it will make any difference to that.

What they care about is the unemployment rate and the state of the economy etc.

He always was. Palin in spades.

Easier said than done.

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

He's always relevant given that he organised 9/11.

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?

He organised SFA and was just the bag man.

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?

Thats just plain wrong in the sense of what was the driver for that.

You wouldnt know what a real bag man was if one bit you on your lard arse.

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?

Back peddle and diversion noted.

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?
keithr wrote just the puerile shit it you'd expect from a fuckwit pom.

No surprise that even the poms gave it the bums rush out of their country.

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

Osama Bin Laden is an anagram of Islamabad Neon. Perchance that was the name of
the mansion?

:)

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

  It appears to be true
  however will it make any difference at this late date ?
  I doubt it as there are several very smart people willing to do
dreadful things in his shoes

Re: OT: Bin Laden Dead?

Sigh.

What a load of hype.
At least it will save the US taxpayers a little, since that if he is
really dead, there will be one less on the CIA payroll.

Re: Bin Laden Dead?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story
Sons?
Grandchildren?

Re: Bin Laden Dead?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

the speculation was that they got

hard to verify.

At least one of them died at the same time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

Too young to be relevant.

Site Timeline