OT: BBT

The actress who plays Amy Farrah Fowler (Mayim Bialik), as Sheldon's 'girlfriend', completed a PhD in neuroscience, studying obsessive-compulsive disorder in adolescents.

Just thought it was worth mentioning. It seems she has been perfectly cast.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to

"Trevor Wilson"

** Mayim was cast to play a female version of Sheldon. She is a competent actress and was given only a couple weeks to invent all her character's mannerisms - having apparently never watched the show on TV previously.

Jim Parsons character (Sheldon) is a salve to rules, routines and familiar things not because of OCD - those are all common traits of Aspergers Syndrome or ASD.

When I first watched the program, I could hardly believe that all the main characters were cast as ASD sufferers with the clear exception of Penny.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Trevor Wilson"

** Not true.

She studied "neuroscience" - not a medical subject but a branch of biology.

Her thesis was on the " Prader Willi " syndrome - a genetic abnormality.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

She was also a child actress playing the character of "Blossom" in the show of the same name.

Reply to
Art Vanderlay

Err, OK.

Reply to