OT: BBT

The actress who plays Amy Farrah Fowler (Mayim Bialik), as Sheldon's
'girlfriend', completed a PhD in neuroscience, studying
obsessive-compulsive disorder in adolescents.

Just thought it was worth mentioning. It seems she has been perfectly cast.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: BBT
"Trevor Wilson"

** Mayim was cast to play a female version of Sheldon. She is a competent
actress and was given only a couple weeks to invent all her character's
mannerisms  - having apparently never watched the show on TV previously.

Jim Parsons character (Sheldon) is a salve to rules, routines and familiar
things not because of OCD  -  those are all common traits of Aspergers
Syndrome or ASD.

When I first watched the program, I could hardly believe that all the main
characters were cast as ASD sufferers with the clear exception of Penny.

....  Phil

Re: BBT

"Trevor Wilson"

** Not true.

She studied "neuroscience" - not a medical subject but a branch of biology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroscience

Her thesis was on the " Prader Willi " syndrome - a genetic abnormality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prader-Willi_syndrome

...  Phil

Re: OT: BBT
She was also a child actress playing the character of "Blossom" in the
show of the same name.

Re: OT: BBT
On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:25:05 +1100, Trevor Wilson

Err, OK.

Site Timeline