OT: 12v DC Christmas Lights??

Folks,

Not really on topic, but there's a bit of lack of such places to ask...

Has anyone ever seen christmas-tree lights that operate on 12 or 24v DC for sale in Australia? All I have seen are either 240v AC or 24v AC. Havent seen any DC units. I must ahve looked at about 15 different brands so far, but nothing operating in DC.

I wondered if anyone had seen such a beast for sale online? Getting an AC source is going to be too cost-prohibitive for what I want.

Cheers,

Rod.......Out Back

Reply to
Rod Out Back

**Any of the LED Christmas lights (and there are lots of them) will do the job. Even better, the colours are more pure and blues much brighter. They last pretty much forever too.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

i got some led sets from bigW $29 each for white/colour 150 led's each string They dont get warm, dont tangle, and colours are pure as.

Reply to
matt2-amstereo

"Rod Out Back"

** Hey man - have I got news for YOU !!!

Electric light bulbs work on DC and on AC !!!!!!!!!!!

Way cool - eh ??????

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

AC poower supplies are cheaper to manufacture than DC ones and lamps don't care if it's AC or DC.

24V lamps should work fine off 24V DC.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

brands

Your on to something .........

Reply to
FruitLoop

for

far,

AC

Thomas Edison will back you up , however Westinghouse wouldnt like it ......

Reply to
FruitLoop

But transformers don't, Phil. If he can get lights without transformers he's OK

Reply to
, nospam