Ordering from Farnell

When ordering items through Farnell, where do they come from?

I have ordered through Futurelec previously, and the items came from
Thailand, so I am curious.

Re: Ordering from Farnell

"Wayne"

** From their Sydney warehouse in Chester Hill  -   dummy.

Farnell in the UK buy from the makers themselves or appointed distributors
for the makers.

Electronic components are made ALL over the world, wherever labour is cheap
mainly.

**  So you bought what,  exactly?

Were the items were labelled as made in Thailand - or was the parcel
despatched from there ?

Try to avoid such ambiguity in future.

.......   Phil

Re: Ordering from Farnell

Farnell hold most stock in Sydney, the rest comes from their UK
warehouse. If you click on the "In Stock" button it will tell you how
many items are in Australia and how many are in the UK.
That's a bit of trap actually, they quote next day delivery for items
is stock, but only if they are in Oz. So if you want stuff the same/
next day then you have to manually check that each item is actually in
stock here. UK stuff takes about 5 days to get here.

Dave.

Re: Ordering from Farnell

That's not exactly surprising, seeing that Futurlec are located in Thailand.

Re: Ordering from Farnell

Thanks for the reply.

I did not know that the stock status link actually showed where stock
was located.  Generally, it take me to a page describing what the status
messages mean.

Re: Ordering from Farnell

"David L. Jones"

**  How sneaky of them.

     Tip noted.

......  Phil

Re: Ordering from Farnell

Yes, wasn't always like that, they used to automatically show the
stock level in each country.
A Farnell rep I spoke to a little while back said they have had quite
a few complaints about it, and are looking into it.

Dave.

Re: Ordering from Farnell
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:19:59 -0800 (PST), "David L. Jones"

And, if you order 2 items and one just happens to be in the UK, the
will charge shipping from AU for the first order and shipping from UK
for second order.

Site Timeline