Optrex DMC2059 LCD

Hi all

A while back Oatley Elecronics had the Optrex DMC2059 LCD's for sale.  (12cm
x 3cm display area). I got some & have just found a use for them.
Unfortunately I haven't had any success with getting them going. I haven't
had any (well many) problems with other types of LCD (16x2 & 40x2).

Has anyone out there who also purchased them got them going? A search of
Google revealed similar units but not the '2059. All other OPTREX units
appear to use the standard LCD initialization etc.

Any help would be apprciated. Thanks

--
Regards

Chopper

Re: Optrex DMC2059 LCD

  Have you found the "LCD faq" on the net yet?, I had a
batch of character displays that were STN type and needed
about -1.5V on the contrast to make the characters visible.

Re: Optrex DMC2059 LCD

Hi Mark

I found a few people asking the same questions but no answers

Thanks for the suggestion

--
Regards

Chopper

Re: Optrex DMC2059 LCD

It needs a bit of a "power up" routine,
have you been through  that?

Hi Mark

I found a few people asking the same questions but no answers

Thanks for the suggestion

--
Regards

Chopper

Re: Optrex DMC2059 LCD

Hi Frank

I am using a routine similar to other OPTREX units. Is there anything
specific about this type?

--
Regards

Chopper

Re: Optrex DMC2059 LCD

The best way I can answer your question, is the LCD controller or driver on
this URL below?
http://www.eio.com/datashet.htm

Hi Frank

I am using a routine similar to other OPTREX units. Is there anything
specific about this type?

--
Regards

Chopper

Re: Optrex DMC2059 LCD **SUCCESS**

Hi all

Success. It required about -4V on the contrast pin. (pin3)

Thanks all for your help.

It worked for 2 displays.

All I need now is a convenient -4V

--
Regards

Chopper

Re: Optrex DMC2059 LCD **SUCCESS**

I was able to suck mine off a MAX232 ic I already had
on my board for the RS232 interface: it makes -9V.

Regards
Mark

Re: Optrex DMC2059 LCD **SUCCESS**

Good thinking.