Optocoupler with Schmitt trigger

I'm looking for an optocoupler with Schmitt trigger output, something
like Fairchild's H11L1M:
 http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/H1/H11L1-M.pdf

I couldn't find it anywhere else but Far-ke-nell:
http://au.farnell.com/fairchild-semiconductor/h11l1m/optocoupler-schimitt-trigger/dp/1021127?crosssellid10%21127&crosssell=true

As usual they charge 5 times the going price, plus $10 delivery, plus
$10 minimum order, plus GST.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Optocoupler with Schmitt trigger

http://au.farnell.com/fairchild-semiconductor/h11l1m/optocoupler-schimitt-trigger/dp/1021127?crosssellid10%21127&crosssell=true

Do Fairchild have a site where you can register as a user. Chances are you may
be able to get samples for free. I regularly do.

Graham

Re: Optocoupler with Schmitt trigger
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 23:59:28 +0100, Eeyore
composed:

http://au.farnell.com/fairchild-semiconductor/h11l1m/optocoupler-schimitt-trigger/dp/1021127?crosssellid10%21127&crosssell=true
be able to get samples for free. I regularly do.

No sample service to Australia. :-(

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Optocoupler with Schmitt trigger

http://au.farnell.com/fairchild-semiconductor/h11l1m/optocoupler-schimitt-trigger/dp/1021127?crosssellid10%21127&crosssell=true
may be able to get >samples for free. I regularly do.

That's unfortunate. Can you find an equivalent from TI or Nat Semi to mention a
couple ?

Graham

Re: Optocoupler with Schmitt trigger
http://au.farnell.com/fairchild-semiconductor/h11l1m/optocoupler-schimitt-trigger/dp/1021127?crosssellid10%21127&crosssell=true

Ok, they usually charge more, but then they usually have it right away
also. Delivery is around $5.00 (in Sydney metro at least) or go pick it
up - you'll probably spend more in fuel. I've never encountered a
minimum order qty, where they're priced as singles, in over 10 years of
dealing with them. In fact I've order items that were less in value than
the shipping with no problems.

Are you after production quantities or prototypes? If you're
prototyping, geez what's a few extra bucks?

Chris.

Re: Optocoupler with Schmitt trigger
and composed:

http://au.farnell.com/fairchild-semiconductor/h11l1m/optocoupler-schimitt-trigger/dp/1021127?crosssellid10%21127&crosssell=true

I don't have an account. When I use my credit card, the aforementioned
minimum order value and freight costs apply.

A friend has a tacho sensor interface board which is converting a
sinusoidal signal from an alternator to a 5V open collector pulse. The
output is a little unstable, so I've offered to build him a new board
from scratch using the above optocoupler and a handful of passive
support components. Unfortunately his current problem is covered by
warranty, so he gets his replacement boards for free. This means I'll
be stuck with troubleshooting someone else's design unless my
alternative can be built cheaply. $30 is not a lot, but I've already
told him that it was only going to cost around $5.

:
:I couldn't find it anywhere else but Far-ke-nell:
:http://au.farnell.com/fairchild-semiconductor/h11l1m/optocoupler-schimitt-trigger/dp/1021127?crosssellid10%21127&crosssell=true
:
:As usual they charge 5 times the going price, plus $10 delivery, plus
:$10 minimum order, plus GST.
:
:- Franc Zabkar

Franc, you should be able to find MOC5007,8 or 9 quite easily. I have both 5007
and 9 in Perth if that's where you are.
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/motorola/MOC5009.pdf

Re: Optocoupler with Schmitt trigger

:
::I'm looking for an optocoupler with Schmitt trigger output, something
::like Fairchild's H11L1M:
:: http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/H1/H11L1-M.pdf
::
::I couldn't find it anywhere else but Far-ke-nell:
::http://au.farnell.com/fairchild-semiconductor/h11l1m/optocoupler-schimitt-trigger/dp/1021127?crosssellid10%21127&crosssell=true
::
::As usual they charge 5 times the going price, plus $10 delivery, plus
::$10 minimum order, plus GST.
::
::- Franc Zabkar
:
:Franc, you should be able to find MOC5007,8 or 9 quite easily. I have both 5007
:and 9 in Perth if that's where you are.
:http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/motorola/MOC5009.pdf

Worldwide Electronics in Perth have the H11L1 for $1.65.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~worcom/browse_catalog.php?search_by_terms=h11

Re: Optocoupler with Schmitt trigger
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 08:44:30 GMT, Ross Herbert

Thanks on both counts. I had already looked for the MOC5007 but
couldn't find it anywhere.

I'm now waiting for a response from Worldwide.

- Franc Zabkar