Online catalogues and obsolete products

Just got stood up by RS, their online catalogue stated that the two display
types I'm looking for were in stock for immediate delivery, but after the
order was placed I got a phone call stating that both were obsolete, no
longer available. I'm a bit surprised at this from a reputable vendor. Was I
just unlucky, or is this a common occurrence?

Re: Online catalogues and obsolete products
common from them

--

Re: Online catalogues and obsolete products

Yes, and element 14 are similar. Has been getting worse over the
past couple of years. Nobody wants to hold stock anymore.

Re: Online catalogues and obsolete products

Sounds more like a stock-control issue. The web site says they're
available because the stock database says they're in stock. But when
someone goes to pick one, they find the shelf is bare.

Sylvia.

Re: Online catalogues and obsolete products

Yes, but also reality control. If people know just how many nonexistent
products they had it may not do much for their reputation.

Site Timeline