Oldest EA kit in use ?

** Following on from DLJ's post re old kits still on sale - who here has the oldest EA ( or RTV&H ) magazine kit design in GOOD WORKING ORDER ???

Gotta be something significant - like an item of test gear or hi-fi.

Gotta be something YOU constructed too !!!

I have an EA May '66, 2 MHz calibrated CRO, still in good order.

Will post a pic on ABSE, if asked.

So will you too !!

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Well I can't beat that Phil. I built an EA Playmaster 136 which was later passed on to a friend's father along with a Philips belt drive turntable and an ADC magnetic cartridge. At a recent school reunion my class mate reported the amplifier hadn't missed a beat and is still going strong. Apparently his father uses it everyday and other than the volume control is a bit "scratchy" in one channel at some settings he's completely happy with it and has seen no reason to replace it. Perhaps on day when I have reason to be in his area I'll drop in with a replacement dual pot and perform a "transplant".

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

"Alan Rutlidge"

** Well just lookie - here is one on eBay right now !!

Amazing !!!

I recall selling transistor packs ( when at Edge Electrix) for the power amp stages - supplied from Fairchild - in early 1973. Consisting of:

1 x AY9171 1 x AY8171 1 x 2N3638A 1 x 2N3643 1 x SE4010 1 x 2N4250 1 x 2N3565

Probably the first all silicon, fully complementary audio amp sold as a kit in Aussie.

The AY prefix output devices came in TO66 packs, with gold plated leads and mounting base.

Too pretty to actually use .....

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison