Old Tandy power transistors

I have in my parts collection what look like a complementary pair of
power transistors, of Tandy origin, from years ago, part numbers RS2019
and RS2027.

I can find reference to the 2027 being an MJE34 but I can't identify the
RS2019.  Same package and if they are complementary the hFE's measure
around 70. The packages appear to be TO127's.  Does anyone have a
look-up list that will identify the 2019 (presumably Tandy part number
276-2019) and the 2027 (276-2027)?

I want to use them in place of a TIP29 and TIP30 in a power supply
circuit (ca. 1975 vintage) and I'd like to check that the two I have
will do the job.

TIA

DN

Re: Old Tandy power transistors

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:57:38 +1100, David Nicholls
<nichollsatu030dotaonedotnetdotau> put finger to keyboard and
composed:

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/100to199/NTE152.html
http://www.nteinc.com/specs/300to399/NTE331.html

 276-2027  =  NTE153
 RS2019    =  NTE331
 RS2027    =  NTE332

-- Franc Zabkar

Re: Old Tandy power transistors

Thanks, Franc.

Re: Old Tandy power transistors

"David Nicholls"

** Gawd -  the TO127 package is as old as the hills.

The first example I saw was an 8 amp SCR, the 2N4443 as used in the
Playmaster 128 stereo power amplifier ( Jan 1970) PSU overcurrent trip cct.

Then the popular MJE3055 and MJE2955 output pair ( no T on the end ).

Looks like a  BD139 on steroids.

They had gold plated legs too.

Re: Old Tandy power transistors

They've been in my parts box since 1985 at least, maybe earlier.

That's them.  And the terminals are nicely impressed with B C E, too.

DN

Site Timeline