Old Tandy power transistors

I have in my parts collection what look like a complementary pair of power transistors, of Tandy origin, from years ago, part numbers RS2019 and RS2027.

I can find reference to the 2027 being an MJE34 but I can't identify the RS2019. Same package and if they are complementary the hFE's measure around 70. The packages appear to be TO127's. Does anyone have a look-up list that will identify the 2019 (presumably Tandy part number

276-2019) and the 2027 (276-2027)?

I want to use them in place of a TIP29 and TIP30 in a power supply circuit (ca. 1975 vintage) and I'd like to check that the two I have will do the job.

TIA

DN

Reply to
David Nicholls

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:57:38 +1100, David Nicholls put finger to keyboard and composed:

276-2027 = NTE153 RS2019 = NTE331 RS2027 = NTE332

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

"David Nicholls"

** Gawd - the TO127 package is as old as the hills.

The first example I saw was an 8 amp SCR, the 2N4443 as used in the Playmaster 128 stereo power amplifier ( Jan 1970) PSU overcurrent trip cct.

Then the popular MJE3055 and MJE2955 output pair ( no T on the end ).

Looks like a BD139 on steroids.

They had gold plated legs too.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks, Franc.

Reply to
David Nicholls

They've been in my parts box since 1985 at least, maybe earlier.

That's them. And the terminals are nicely impressed with B C E, too.

DN

Reply to
David Nicholls