Old Austraian Electronics Magazines for Download

I've known about the website americanradiohistory.com for some time, but I just noticed that they've significantly expanded their collection of Australian magazines available for download:

They're pretty complete from the late 70s onwards. Searchable too.

Might pay to grab them quick before Silicon Chip finds out...

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Thanks for the link! With working search engine this site is priceless.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Takes you back (probably too far for some). I liked the picture of the gear that I used to operate at Carnarvon and Island Lagoon in the tracking station article.

Reply to
keithr0

Belated, but thanks so much for the links!

Reply to
Clocky

Also belated, and seconded!

Harold

Me too...

So SC, why not release the mythical EA/ETI cdrom now, at last? Just leave out the articles that can't get copyright waived. Or are SC content to look on as people scan/upload their own collections?

Reply to
Fred Smith

Their readers are more easily, and better, served by the pirate copies of their back-issues. Silicon Chip doesn't need to contact authors to gain permission, and doesn't have to publish a version with pieces missing and deal with the resulting complaints.

It seems copyright on electronic copies of books is becoming irrelevant. There are several sites where all you have to do is ignore some adverts and you can download PDFs of recent books.

Winfield Hill (co-author of "The Art of Electronics") last-month posted a URL to download a pdf of the most recent edition in sci.electronics.design

Tor publishing has released sereval Novels in electronic form under a Gratis, "copy freely" license, this started in the 1990s

Jasen Betts