Old Aussie transformers - Page 2

Re: Old Aussie transformers

   He's tough, too.  He uses steel wool, and never misses a stroke!

prove it.
Re: Old Aussie transformers

It's best to ignore people you don't like. Insults just add fuel to the
fire, and whilst it might make you feel good it's just an irritant to
the rest of us that want to discuss electronics.

Re: Old Aussie transformers

And your contribution to this NG over the past year has been?  5 posts, two
of which were cross posts from other NGs.
Stick around a little longer and you'll soon see the reason for developing a
sense of humour to offset the Philthy posts.
If you feel left out, try top posting to a thread Phil has had a hand at.
Bound to attract his attention, then just sit back and await your meteoric
rise up his "shit list".  LOL

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Old Aussie transformers

On Jan 9, 10:06 pm, "Alan Rutlidge"

Money is starting to ride on the infamous "top 10" list, Phil needs to
publish an aus.electronics version!

Dave.

Re: Old Aussie transformers

:
: Money is starting to ride on the infamous "top 10" list,
Phil needs to
: publish an aus.electronics version!
:
: Dave.

It would have to be odds on at the moment ;-)

BTW the current number of people that Philthy hates stands
at 6,602,224,174 but every second it is growing a little
bigger.

Cheers TT

Re: Old Aussie transformers

That sounds about right:
http://opr.princeton.edu/popclock /

At any one instant I guess it could actually go down a tad too!

Dave.

Re: Old Aussie transformers

   Elmo?  Who pulled your string? ;-)

prove it.
Re: Old Aussie transformers

It's 'cos he types and plays with himself at the same time.  It comes from
many, many many years of practice.

BTW it is easy to detect when he is very excited because he cuts 'n' pastes
a lot and the typos get worse ;-)

Cheers TT

Re: Old Aussie transformers

He was raised by dingoes!

Re: Old Aussie transformers

   Till he killed them, and ate them.

prove it.
Re: Old Aussie transformers

:Thanks for the kind words sunshine!!
:
:Of course I thought that you of all people would know its the mains tranny
:in a Goldentone bassman40.
:I need the info so I can mebbe substitute something but the cct diagram
:doesnt give the bias winding voltage, I'm surmising about 30 but would like
:to make sure.
:
:Incidently the request was made that hopefully someone who had one of the
:A&R catalogues might read it.

Your circuit diagram might not give the bias voltage but this one does
http://ozvalveamps.elands.com/goldentone/gt1755-1759cct.gif

PT2454 - ORANGE wires 40Vac

Incidentally, lots of Goldentone info here
http://ozvalveamps.elands.com/goldentonemodellist.htm

Ross

Re: Old Aussie transformers

Thanks Ross

Yeah, I've been looking around there. Cant quite the exact model but the
cct's are good enough for what I want.

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P

Re: Old Aussie transformers

It's yonks since I've been anywhere near a valve design, I'd forgotten just
how basic a lot of it is. That amp is not much different to the stuff in my
1964 ARRL handbook under 'modulators'......

Re: Old Aussie transformers

AFAIK the 6dq6a's were designated for modulation duty :-)
As you say the business end of any power amp is close to that of a
modulator.

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P

Re: Old Aussie transformers

At last, an interesting discussion about electronics, instead of the
seemingly interminable about, reply to etc. "Phil Allison" threads, complete
with foul-mouthed titling and imagery, and *quotes* of the rubbish from him
which defeat the purpose of the killfiling most of us apply.

Re: Old Aussie transformers

"Suzy"

** YOU  are a   TROLLING   BLOODY IDIOT

  And a PITA,  moronic net cop.

   PISSSS   OFFFFF

.......  Phil

Re: Old Aussie transformers

Most people don't killfile Philthy - his psychotic rants are too
entertaining.

Re: Old Aussie transformers

   That happens everytime its sorry hide gets nailed to the wall. :)

prove it.