off topic.... - Page 2

Re: off topic....
ah ok so methanol boost
  that why I run big injectors and a hand built cpu
  ok well use your calculator and you know how

--

Re: off topic....
mark krawczuk Inscribed thus:

Diameter divided by 100 times 100 plus the percentage ie
1.17/100=0.0117 times 133=1.55610
easy ;-)

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Re: off topic....
calculator does 1.17 x 1.33 = 1.5561 near enough

--

Re: off topic....

I think he's after an AREA increase, not diameter.

Re: off topic....
Thing is being fuel irt isn't a simple matter as the variations in fuel
density and pressure change with swept area of the aperture to its
better to go rich although in this case I think a 1.45 drill will be
very close

Re: off topic....

I'm assuming he's done the research on those aspects (viscosity
gradient, reynolds number etc) and has decided that the 33% larger CSA
is the target he's happy with.

1.17 * SQRT(1.33) = 1.35

Re: off topic....
I still wonder how  the 33% was determined hence my suggestion  of
slightly larger

--

Re: off topic....

He may well have found a reference in some forum, or equally likely
pulled it out of his arse.  I've only been trying to point him towards
a solution methodology, but if spreadsheets and slide rules dazzle him
then I'm close to giving up.

Re: off topic....
man  ,  its easy , the fuel i   WANT TO USE   has to flow  33%  more  than
the  fuel  i   WAS USING..
mark k

Re: off topic....

  You said that but is the information accurate and fix your computer
clock thanks

Re: off topic....
computer clock is  fine you moron. !!!   what on earth do you think is wrong
with it ?

Re: off topic....

So you think he could do all that research and not work out how to calculate
a 33% increase in CSA?
I'm doubtful to say the least :-)

MrT.

Re: off topic....

I was being kind.  See my reply to atec77.

Re: off topic....
what the hell is    csa ????

its just a simple calculation ( for some !!!!)  and theres always people
who   always think of a complicated answer.
mark

Re: off topic....
Ignore them Mark, they are taking the piss. It's an acronym for "Cute Sexy
Arse". Some of these guys couldn't even spell engineerring!

Re: off topic....
and you computer clock needs fixing

--

Re: off topic....

1.73mm

Re: off topic....

:
:> hi,  i`m trying to find  if theres a   table or calculator online that
:> will allow me to  plug in a    diameter of a  hole  in mm   (i.e 1.5 mm ,
:> carburettor jet ..)  then plug in the  %  increase ...  i.e 33 %  , , then
:> hopefully that will tell me what size drill to use to acheive a 33 % in
:> size of hole.
:>
:>  i`ve had a  darn good look  , but i cannot find anything !!
:>
:> mark
:
:1.73mm

I agree...

Re: off topic....

I'm assuming you have a calculator that has "pi", "squared" and "square root"
buttons.

Proceed as follows:

(radius of existing jet) [squared] [multiply] [pi] [multiply] (area increase)
[divide] [pi] [=] [square root]

This will give you the required radius.

(....)  are numbers you enter

[....]  are function buttons you press

Your area increase of 33% should be entered as 1.33

The radius is half the diameter (I'm assuming you already know this but .....)

The answer is 1.73mm diameter.

Hope this all makes sense.

p.s. In this case you can enter the the diameter instead of the radius and the
answer will the be the required diameter.

David Shorter

Re: off topic....
hi,     finally  a   excellent  answer.......   someone
understood.............

thanks....

mark ..