off topic....

hi,  i`m trying to find  if theres a   table or calculator online that will
allow me to  plug in a    diameter of a  hole  in mm   (i.e 1.5 mm ,
carburettor jet ..)  then plug in the  %  increase ...  i.e 33 %  , , then
hopefully that will tell me what size drill to use to acheive a 33 % in size
of hole.

  i`ve had a  darn good look  , but i cannot find anything !!

mark

Re: off topic....

By size do you mean diameter or area?

Re: off topic....

spreadsheet?

Re: off topic....
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:26:11 +0930, "mark krawczuk"

Crikey, a four-second Excel spreadsheet exercise.

Re: off topic....
ummmm  i know crap all about spread sheets and such.....

its like asking you  to do something  which you have   NO  KNOWLEDGE   about
......  thats why  i ask here,.,...

mark

Re: off topic....
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:38:20 +0930, "mark krawczuk"

Can you drive a slide rule?

Re: off topic....
Have to be my age or an engineer to know ?

--

Re: off topic....

I'm at least one of those.

Re: off topic....
 can you drive a space shuttle . ?

Re: off topic....

Are shuttles driven or ridden?

Re: off topic....
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 11:25:39 +0930, "mark krawczuk"

No (and it probably wouldn't help with your problem - the one you
posted), but I can still remember how to operate a slide rule and it
would help with your calculation.

Re: off topic....
is there anything you cant do ?

Re: off topic....
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:19:59 +0930, "mark krawczuk"

Heaps.  Just ask the missus ;-)

Re: off topic....

Using Open Office Calc or MS excel, you can do a lot of amazing stuff.

Even regardless of this current problem with the diameter,

I think you would benefit a lot and find it incredibly useful
in all sorts of areas by learning some basic stuff about these
spreadsheet programs.

I did a lot of our tax and basic records in this form and its very
good, you can set it up however you want
for whatever things interest you.

There are a lot of free starters online if you want to search.

Re: off topic....
Empirically is the usual way
explain what you are doing as there may well be some one with a clue how
to get you close
--

Re: off topic....
hi, i thought i did explain what i am doing  !!!

Re: off topic....
sorta but carb model and on what it's easy to find a close to

--

Re: off topic....
didnt you read it , all i want to do is   plug in the  diameter of a hole ,

Re: off topic....
  it is if you can use a calculator BUT I see you are intent in not
telling us about the physical facts of the rejet

Re: off topic....
mmm its very simple you just complicate things.....

i actually have a  jet with    a   1.17 mm hole ...... i want to increase it
by 33% .... what size drill do i use... simple.....
physical  facts  ????????     i`m using a differant fuel, and  i have to
flow 33% more of this type of fuel..
very simple,

mark k