Odd touch panel fault on tablet pc

Has anyone seen something like this:

Sons Toshiba tablet pc, about 2 years old. The screen has developed an spot near the centre of the screen about 50mm x 40mm. The spot looks like their is moisture trapped between two layers of plastic at the point where the spot is.

Touching the screen near the spot distorts / moves the mark.

The electronics appears to be working fine, colour, pixels etc all looks good and the touch/stylus end of things works ok.

The mark is not the normal bruising that is seen when the screen has been bumped and is not the distortion that you can see when pressing hard on a good screen.

I've been told other kids have had the same thing happen when the tablet has been running for a long time (say 3hrs) and is then places in its protective case/bag.

Any ideas? Humidity...condensation????

Reply to
Dennis

heat?

Jasen Betts

My son took it to the school IT section & picked it up couple of hours later - fixed - my son didn't ask what the cause / solution was. Maybe someone here knows..

Reply to
Dennis