NTSC & PAL Copying question.

Hi we had our wedding dvd made up in 2 versions, as we have relatives in the
USA.
One version is in PAL, and the other is in NTSC.

I have a DVD recorder which makes quick copies.

My question is if I copy the NTSC version, will it come out in NTSC format,
or PAL.

I know most DVD players these days play any region, but some relatives have
only NTSC.

Any advice mush appreciated.

Cheers, Zach

Re: NTSC & PAL Copying question.

You need to use the NTSC disc. Most likly it wont change the frame rate.

NTSC dvd is 720x480 30fps. Pal DVD is 720x576 at a slower frame rate of
25fps. VHS has the same frame rate for the respective regions.

Re: NTSC & PAL Copying question.

I believe that all PAL DVD players will play NTSC disc
and there is a move to make all NTSC DVD players to make them play PAL it is
just they might not play PAL at the moment.

Hi we had our wedding dvd made up in 2 versions, as we have relatives in the
USA.
One version is in PAL, and the other is in NTSC.

I have a DVD recorder which makes quick copies.

My question is if I copy the NTSC version, will it come out in NTSC format,
or PAL.

I know most DVD players these days play any region, but some relatives have
only NTSC.

Any advice mush appreciated.

Cheers, Zach

Site Timeline