NSW Solar tariff gravy train is over

The feed-in tariff is to be slashed by two thirds:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/nsw-to-slash-costly-solar-feed-in-tariff/story-e6frf7kf-1225944149770
Possibly as early as next week.

Dave.

Re: NSW Solar tariff gravy train is over

:The feed-in tariff is to be slashed by two thirds:
:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/nsw-to-slash-costly-solar-feed-in-tariff/story-e6frf7kf-1225944149770
:Possibly as early as next week.
:
:Dave.

Was the 60 cents a gross feed-in tariff or a nett feed-in tariff? And is the new
20 cents a gross feed-in?

Over in the West, prior to shonky Colin Barnett getting elected by default, he
promised us a 60 cents gross feed-in tariff only to back down once he was in
power. All they would pay us initially was a nett feed-in tariff at the same
rate as we paid for imported kWhrs (less 10% for GST of course).

Since July 1 this year he became more magnanimous and we now get 47 cents nett
feed-in per kWhr. My latest power bill resulted in a credit of $100.

Re: NSW Solar tariff gravy train is over

:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/nsw-to-slash-costly-solar-feed-in-tariff/story-e6frf7kf-1225944149770

Just out of interest Ross - how many 'person' household & what capacity
system do you have?

Re: NSW Solar tariff gravy train is over

:
:> wrote:
:>
:> :The feed-in tariff is to be slashed by two thirds:
:>
:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/nsw-to-slash-costly-solar-feed-in-tariff/story-e6frf7kf-1225944149770
:> :Possibly as early as next week.
:> :
:> :Dave.
:>
[...]

Ours is a 2 person household. We are very economical with our electricity
consumption and we don't have any gas appliances. The computer, TV and frig take
most and we average around 6 units per day import. When the missus does a roast
dinner we usually consume an extra 2 - 3 units for that day. The PV system is
1.5kW. On a sunny spring day I usually import around 4-5 units and export 7-8,
depending....

Re: NSW Solar tariff gravy train is over
:
:Ours is a 2 person household. We are very economical with our electricity
:consumption and we don't have any gas appliances. The computer, TV and frig
take
:most and we average around 6 units per day import. When the missus does a roast
:dinner we usually consume an extra 2 - 3 units for that day. The PV system is
:1.5kW. On a sunny spring day I usually import around 4-5 units and export 7-8,
:depending....

I forgot to say that hot water is by way of an Edwards solar thermo-siphon
system. Electric booster only required in winter and then I have that on a timer
switch.

Re: NSW Solar tariff gravy train is over

Thanks Ross, its good to get a feeling for what is practically achieveable.

Re: NSW Solar tariff gravy train is over

:
:> wrote:
:> :
[...]

I estimate that for the average family of 2 adults and 2 children you would need
a 3kW system to achieve a similar result to mine. And then you wouldn't be able
to lash out on excessive use of whole of house ducted refrig aircon during
summer. Of course that would also depend on how big the house was and the local
weather conditions. In WA we have heaps of sunshine so we can get more bang for
the buck.

Re: NSW Solar tariff gravy train is over
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/nsw-to-slash-costly-solar-feed-in-tariff/story-e6frf7kf-1225944149770

It was never going to last, given the Guvmint's reputation for slashing
things overnight. Ad-hoc policies on-the-fly!

Re: NSW Solar tariff gravy train is over

Particularly "environment" related things such as insualtion, solar
rebate no 1 etc.

Re: NSW Solar tariff gravy train is over

Dang, they didn't even start the cash for clunkers scheme before ours
broke down.

Site Timeline