NSW Solar tariff gravy train is over

The feed-in tariff is to be slashed by two thirds:

Possibly as early as next week.

Dave.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David L. Jones

:The feed-in tariff is to be slashed by two thirds: :

:Possibly as early as next week. : :Dave.

Was the 60 cents a gross feed-in tariff or a nett feed-in tariff? And is the new

20 cents a gross feed-in?

Over in the West, prior to shonky Colin Barnett getting elected by default, he promised us a 60 cents gross feed-in tariff only to back down once he was in power. All they would pay us initially was a nett feed-in tariff at the same rate as we paid for imported kWhrs (less 10% for GST of course).

Since July 1 this year he became more magnanimous and we now get 47 cents nett feed-in per kWhr. My latest power bill resulted in a credit of $100.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

:

Just out of interest Ross - how many 'person' household & what capacity system do you have?

Reply to
Dennis

It was never going to last, given the Guvmint's reputation for slashing things overnight. Ad-hoc policies on-the-fly!

Reply to
Swanny

:> :The feed-in tariff is to be slashed by two thirds: :>

:

:> :Possibly as early as next week. :> : :> :Dave. :>

:> Was the 60 cents a gross feed-in tariff or a nett feed-in tariff? And is :> the new :> 20 cents a gross feed-in? :>

:> Over in the West, prior to shonky Colin Barnett getting elected by :> default, he :> promised us a 60 cents gross feed-in tariff only to back down once he was :> in :> power. All they would pay us initially was a nett feed-in tariff at the :> same :> rate as we paid for imported kWhrs (less 10% for GST of course). :>

:> Since July 1 this year he became more magnanimous and we now get 47 cents :> nett :> feed-in per kWhr. My latest power bill resulted in a credit of $100. : : :Just out of interest Ross - how many 'person' household & what capacity :system do you have? :

Ours is a 2 person household. We are very economical with our electricity consumption and we don't have any gas appliances. The computer, TV and frig take most and we average around 6 units per day import. When the missus does a roast dinner we usually consume an extra 2 - 3 units for that day. The PV system is

1.5kW. On a sunny spring day I usually import around 4-5 units and export 7-8, depending....
Reply to
Ross Herbert

Particularly "environment" related things such as insualtion, solar rebate no 1 etc.

Reply to
kreed

Dang, they didn't even start the cash for clunkers scheme before ours broke down.

Reply to
terryc

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:40:25 +0800, Ross Herbert wrote: : :Ours is a 2 person household. We are very economical with our electricity :consumption and we don't have any gas appliances. The computer, TV and frig take :most and we average around 6 units per day import. When the missus does a roast :dinner we usually consume an extra 2 - 3 units for that day. The PV system is :1.5kW. On a sunny spring day I usually import around 4-5 units and export 7-8, :depending....

I forgot to say that hot water is by way of an Edwards solar thermo-siphon system. Electric booster only required in winter and then I have that on a timer switch.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Thanks Ross, its good to get a feeling for what is practically achieveable.

Reply to
Dennis

:>

:> I forgot to say that hot water is by way of an Edwards solar thermo-siphon :> system. Electric booster only required in winter and then I have that on a :> timer :> switch. : : :Thanks Ross, its good to get a feeling for what is practically achieveable. :

I estimate that for the average family of 2 adults and 2 children you would need a 3kW system to achieve a similar result to mine. And then you wouldn't be able to lash out on excessive use of whole of house ducted refrig aircon during summer. Of course that would also depend on how big the house was and the local weather conditions. In WA we have heaps of sunshine so we can get more bang for the buck.

Reply to
Ross Herbert