Not reading a DVD +/-RW

Have a Sony SLV-D985P DVD player that is refusing to read any DVD+RW or DVD-RW DVDs. Can anyone suggest what can be done to remedy this (two of the DVDs that refuse to play in this player will play in another player).

Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Ettery

Does it play DVD+R or DVD-R, if so, then that's your solution. I've heard that quite a few players don't like RW's.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Also worth checking out their respective websites - I know that some sony and panasonic drives dont like certain media and a simple flash rom upgrade usually does the trick.

:-D -- Richard W

Reply to
Richard Waters

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 07:37:06 GMT, "Kevin Ettery" put finger to keyboard and composed:

If the player detects the media type and refuses to play RW media, then you may be able to fool it by "bit setting", ie an RW disc may be identified as a DVD-ROM by setting certain ID bits. I believe this feature is not supported by all burners, though.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar