Non-USB CRO from OZ

Has anyone tried this out ?
At $535 I can't see any advantage over a $600 Rigol DS1052E.

http://www.elektor.com/news/this-is-not-a-usb-oscilloscope.1297368.lynkx?utm_source=UK&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

"Screenscope from Australia based Diamond Systems looks
 deceptively like a USB type scope but it is stand alone.
 It drives a monitor and mouse directly. No computer is required."

Re: Non-USB CRO from OZ

"fritz"

** Huh   -  paid only  A$407 inc everything for mine....

http://www.elektor.com/news/this-is-not-a-usb-oscilloscope.1297368.lynkx?utm_source=UK&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

** Silicon Chip published a "review" on this in January:

See the link at the top of this page:

http://www.screenscopetraces.com /

Beware it is a high res, colour PDF image file -  so it is HUGE  !!

Would not touch it with a 20 ft pole myself.

.....   Phil

Re: Non-USB CRO from OZ

$600 was a ballpark figure from one of David's 2009 eevblogs,
he mentioned $580. Obviously prices have dropped since, I should've checked.
Makes the Screenscope look even more overpriced, though.

BTW Where did you get your DS1052E from ?
Was it with GST ?

http://www.elektor.com/news/this-is-not-a-usb-oscilloscope.1297368.lynkx?utm_source=UK&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

NON-CRO (was: Non-USB CRO from OZ)
http://www.elektor.com/news/this-is-not-a-usb-oscilloscope.1297368.lynkx?utm_source=UK&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

sounds more like a DSO than a CRO.

Re: NON-CRO (was: Non-USB CRO from OZ)

http://www.elektor.com/news/this-is-not-a-usb-oscilloscope.1297368.lynkx?utm_source=UK&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Yeah, yeah.
When I started in electronics all oscilloscopes were CROs and the name
stuck.

Site Timeline