NiMH AA's?

Anyone have any pointers to decent price & quality AA NiMHs batts?

Previously I've bought Jaycar's "Powertech" 2000mAH for $4.25 which seem to
be quite decent, but Futurlec flog Sanyo 2100mAH for $3.16 and I'm under the
impression that Sanyo batts are pretty good. However I notice that the US
Futurlec site has Sanyo 2500mAH for US$2.25 - I assume these would be
available in Australia somewhere as well?

Any suggestions?

Re: NiMH AA's?

I personally am happy with the Jaycar Powertech batteries. I have the
2400mAh "AA" size, I get around 600 photos with LCD on my camera (S2is) no
flash.

I was a bit worried at first that I would not get the performance out of
them but am now quite happy with them.

Des.

Re: NiMH AA's?

I didn't notice the 2400 ones on their web site, maybe because they've
changed colour. At $5 a pop they seem a bit steep, but if they deliver the
goods they might be worth it.

US

Re: NiMH AA's?

   I bought 12 Powertech 2.3AH cells. My Lightning Pack 4000N
intelligent charger would often shut off prematurely in a 'fault'
state when charging them.
   They powered two Olympus digital cameras pretty well when charged
by a cheap PoweBase charger, but Sony digital cameras are very
particular about the internal impedance of their power source and
would shut off after only a few minutes of use.
   I eventually replaced them with Energizer 2.5AH cells, which the
4000N charger and the Sony cameras are happy with.

Bob

On Mon, 22 May 2006 19:55:19 +1000, "Desmond Wong"

Re: NiMH AA's?

Check out what WES Components is selling these days.....

Re: NiMH AA's?

Thanks - I'll have to rifle through the collection of updates - I wish
they'd sort out some kind of online system.

the

Re: NiMH AA's?

  You, me and about 2,000 others are waiting for them to get their act
together. If Rockby Electronics can do it, so can WES!

Re: NiMH AA's?

Sanyo are traditionally regarded as the best rechargeable cells.

Whether that is actually true today is another story.

Re: NiMH AA's?

Exactly. That reputation comes from the days of NiCd's.

MrT.

Re: NiMH AA's?

   I was using Sanyo 2.1AH NiMH cells in two digital cameras,
alternating them with cheap 2AH PowerBase ones. I was surprised that
although I bought the Sanyos after the PowerBase cells, they lost
capacity to the point of being pretty useless while the PowerBase ones
were still working OK. Hmmm....

Bob

Re: NiMH AA's?

I emailed WES and they are selling their 2500mAH AAs in a 2-pack for $5.50 -
ie. $2.75 each, which is pretty much the cheapest I've found so far. I'd
really like to get one or two to start with, and do some charge/discharge
cycles to see what their capacity is like (I've got a fancy charger that
tells you how many herbs it puts in or takes out) But I really need the
things for a flash that just munches through the alkalines.

Re: NiMH AA's?

   Thanks for the info. NiMH cells are much better suited to very high
load currents than alkalines.
   I've seen icecreams which cost more than each of those cells. You
don't have much to lose, so give them a try. :-)

Bob