ni cad charger

hi i have any number of 12 volt supplys to start with (as im sure we all
have ) i am looking for curcuit ideas for charging ni-cads something a
little smarter than a constant voltage reg 317 or whot ever
i see ebay have ballanced chargers for rc modles maybe somthing on these
lines i am not looking at re inventing the wheel just maybe putting a tyre
on it

thanks keith

Re: ni cad charger

You current charge nicads, not voltage charge them !

Where do you find nicads these days btw ?

Graham

Re: ni cad charger
ebay if you feel like a gamble ;-)

Re: ni cad charger
sorry i wasent awake 317s and most other regs can also be used as a current
reg maybe i should have said in my original post good call any way ;-)

Re: ni cad charger
In article

Have a look at circuits for radio controlled models, per google.

You should be able to find quite a few circuits as nicads are commonly
used in this application

David

Re: ni cad charger
bingo! why dident i think of that?