Newsgroups don't exist

I posted this on TPG's forum, I have noticed something strange with Tpg news server. for the last half day I have had no incoming posts through TPG other than my own sent from TPG. I tried the phone to TPG but none of the expert service people know that such a thing exists so I went physically to TPG headquarters in Ryde nsw. None of the people in a room full of boffins knew what a newsgroup was til finally one of them figured out how to set up his computer so at least they now know that I was not talking a foreign language. There must be a little old man hidden in a room in the bowels of TPG with a server that has gone bung but no one knows that he exists let alone where he hides. I have access through eternal-september or google which work. The problem is not computer specific as my laptop is not getting TPG news posts. We must be a very small group of people, us news group people as no one knows that such a thing exists judging on the amount of people I asked today. It has had lots of views but not one answer. We do not exist.

Anyhow they seem to have fixed it.

Reply to
F Murtz

Give up on ISP news servers - they're not worth the pain. $14 a year gets you access to individual.net.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

access to individual.net.

I'll second that :-)

Cheers Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:

Dontronics Site Map:
E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Don McKenzie