Newark shipping prices for Oz?

Does anyone know what Newark typically charge for shipping to
Australia?
I've bought stuff for work and it just gets delivered by courier at a
cost I don't care about, but now I want to buy with my own $$$ and
they don't display the shipping cost for any of their options.

The "USPS" option is not possible outside the US it seems (unlike
Digikey & Mouser), so UPS, FedEx and DHL are the only options.
"FedEx Intnl Economy (5 days)" sounds like the cheapest courier
option, but how much?

Just the usual small bunch of SMD parts, trivial weight and volume,
just satchel worth I presume.

Many of the Newark parts don't show up through Farnell, and if they
do, the prices are silly compared to Newark. So Newark direct is the
only option.

Thanks
Dave.

Re: Newark shipping prices for Oz?

Dave I've bought Newark via Farnell. You need to call & talk to the FEC
orderline guys.

Re: Newark shipping prices for Oz?

Thanks.
Do they only charge what Newark list on their website?, or is there
some other mark-up?
Some Newark part numbers I type into the Farnell Oz website do show up
as Farnell part, but they are a lot more expensive (like 3-4 times).

Dave.

Re: Newark shipping prices for Oz?

I can't remember on the price - it was work stuff so I probably didn't worry
too much. I remember our FEC rep saying something about newark numbers being
different in the FEC system. Our reps in the west have been very good to
deal with, maybe call your rep. Quite a few years back one used to get parts
across in his "weekly package" for us on a cash account style basis.

Re: Newark shipping prices for Oz?

Update:
I've been talking with Farnell Aust and was told that:
- ordering direct from the Newark website to Australia costs a
*minimum* of US$80 in postage, their choice of service.
- ordering Newark parts through Farnell Aust costs a fixed US$40
postage (still more expensive than Digikey and Mouser).
- they can't get all the parts Newark have in stock as there are trade
agreements in place for certain brands.

So if the Newark part number does not show up on the Farnell website
(most of my items), you have to send the list to ausupport AT newark
DOT com and they'll see what they can do.

Dave.

Re: Newark shipping prices for Oz?

Those freight costs are just extortion. I guess either things have changed
or my rep was back-dooring the orders. I guess there has to be a down side
to living here!

Re: Newark shipping prices for Oz?

Crazy prices when my stuff can fit in a small satchel.
Both Digikey and Mouser offer a cheap USPS option, price based on
final weight and volume. Newark only have that for the US :(

Dave.

Re: Newark shipping prices for Oz?

I just ordered some Mouser stuff, and they now offer a fixed US$30 by
FedEx Priority to Australia. USPS is now also a fixed US$30 option as
well. Bit of a no-brainer decision there!

Dave.

Re: Newark shipping prices for Oz?
Why not select some typical products and email them and ask?

Kevin Martin
--
To Reply, delete what is "Not Required" in abbreviated form

Site Timeline