Newark shipping prices for Oz?

Does anyone know what Newark typically charge for shipping to Australia? I've bought stuff for work and it just gets delivered by courier at a cost I don't care about, but now I want to buy with my own $$$ and they don't display the shipping cost for any of their options.

The "USPS" option is not possible outside the US it seems (unlike Digikey & Mouser), so UPS, FedEx and DHL are the only options. "FedEx Intnl Economy (5 days)" sounds like the cheapest courier option, but how much?

Just the usual small bunch of SMD parts, trivial weight and volume, just satchel worth I presume.

Many of the Newark parts don't show up through Farnell, and if they do, the prices are silly compared to Newark. So Newark direct is the only option.

Thanks Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Dave I've bought Newark via Farnell. You need to call & talk to the FEC orderline guys.

Reply to
K Ludger

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@40g2000prx.googlegroups.com...

Thanks. Do they only charge what Newark list on their website?, or is there some other mark-up? Some Newark part numbers I type into the Farnell Oz website do show up as Farnell part, but they are a lot more expensive (like 3-4 times).

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I can't remember on the price - it was work stuff so I probably didn't worry too much. I remember our FEC rep saying something about newark numbers being different in the FEC system. Our reps in the west have been very good to deal with, maybe call your rep. Quite a few years back one used to get parts across in his "weekly package" for us on a cash account style basis.

Reply to
K Ludger

Update: I've been talking with Farnell Aust and was told that:

- ordering direct from the Newark website to Australia costs a

*minimum* of US$80 in postage, their choice of service.

- ordering Newark parts through Farnell Aust costs a fixed US$40 postage (still more expensive than Digikey and Mouser).

- they can't get all the parts Newark have in stock as there are trade agreements in place for certain brands.

So if the Newark part number does not show up on the Farnell website (most of my items), you have to send the list to ausupport AT newark DOT com and they'll see what they can do.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Those freight costs are just extortion. I guess either things have changed or my rep was back-dooring the orders. I guess there has to be a down side to living here!

Reply to
K Ludger

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@x16g2000prn.googlegroups.com...

Crazy prices when my stuff can fit in a small satchel. Both Digikey and Mouser offer a cheap USPS option, price based on final weight and volume. Newark only have that for the US :(

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Why not select some typical products and email them and ask?

Kevin Martin

--
To Reply, delete what is "Not Required" in abbreviated form
Reply to

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@x16g2000prn.googlegroups.com...

I just ordered some Mouser stuff, and they now offer a fixed US$30 by FedEx Priority to Australia. USPS is now also a fixed US$30 option as well. Bit of a no-brainer decision there!

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones