New Lights for EA/DSE? musiccolour?

Now that incandescents are being phased out, what are my optins for
repacement lights to run off the old EA musiccolour light flasher?

Should I just stock up?

Re: New Lights for EA/DSE? musiccolour?

"terryc"

** Have you tried any CFLs on the thing?

Most of them flash and flicker just fine when fed from a triac dimmer.

Brightly coloured ones ARE available -

the Chinese  **love**  them !!

....   Phil

Re: New Lights for EA/DSE? musiccolour?

**LEDs. MUCH more efficient that incandescent. Particularly blue ones. For
white, figure on around 500% more efficient (than halogen). For blue, the
figure is more like 1,000% or more.

**Why bother? Decent LEDs are falling in price fast. Coloured LEDs are
perfect for such an application. Reliability is several orders of magnitude
higher. Best of all: Colour temperature does not alter much with varying
intensity.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: New Lights for EA/DSE? musiccolour?

Source or paterns for DIY

Dang, I could run the whole house, aka national lampoon Xmas on the one
musiccolour.

Site Timeline