New Farnell Catalog

Just got my new 2007 Farnell catalog, and this year it's back to ONE book, all 3000+ pages of it. All is right with the world again...

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

**For you, maybe. Although it was wrapped in plastic, the delivery guy managed to leave mine in the (very rare) heavy rain the other day. It's still drying out. I (slightly) prefer the two book system.

Don't get any dumb ideas, Electus people. That system of supplying five catalogues was just plain idiotic. The Farnell catalogue is very thick and hard to handle. On the plus side, I can see some advantages.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Geez, the postie must have had a hernia... ;-)

Reply to
dmm

"dmm"

** Nah - just some wog or pommy courier delivers the damn thing.

Weighs in at under 3 kg.

All the product category numbers have to be re-learned again !!!!

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Ours come in a big truck, the stack of books is taller than I am. Shame Farnell don't keep track of who's current in the company, there are books addressed to people who haven't worked here for 10 years.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Goddammit.!!...I just finished learning 2006. >-(

Reply to
dmm

Have you ever sent them a correction?

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Yep, tried several times, it didn't work. At one point I was getting

*four* catalogs mistakingly delivered to my own home as well!

I also tried to get some new catalogs at one point as well and after three calls they still couldn't do that. At the same time they had also changed their famous "zero ring" phone service to some stupid on- hold queue system, so I sent a nasty email threatening to pull all our business and give it to RS. Within the hour I had a call from the head honcho trying to talk me out of it, and a hour after that they personally delivered the catalogs I wanted.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

and you lose all those handy marks showing which components you've ordered before, notes etc

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

You must have been getting mine, I seemed to have gone AWOL from their list :-)

Ah that's my problem then, I don't do enough business with them for that :-)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T