Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon, dead at 82

Sad News.

Last Updated 3:32 p.m. ET

(CBS News) Neil Armstrong, the Apollo 11 astronaut who became the first human
being to set foot on another world, has
died. He was 82.

In a statement his family said Armstrong had passed away following complications
resulting from cardiovascular procedures.

The family described him as a loving husband, father, grandfather, brother and
friend, and also as "a reluctant American
hero who always believed he was just doing his job."
That's one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind.

When Armstrong set foot on the moon on July 20, 1969, he fulfilled the goal that
had been set by President John F.
Kennedy just eight years earlier.

Full Story:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57500382/neil-armstrong-1st-man-on-the-moon-dead-at-82 /

--
Don McKenzie

Web's best price on Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon, dead at 82

"Don McKenzie"

** His career in the Navy flying jets in Korea ( F9F  Panthers ) and later
as a test pilot, including flying the X15 rocket plane, was just as hair
raising as flying to the moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Armstrong#Navy_service

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Armstrong#Test_pilot

...   Phil

Re: Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon, dead at 82

  I read elsewhere that he hated being called a hero, and preferred
being called an engineer.

  What's wrong with having engineers as heroes?

  Mark L. Fergerson

Re: Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon, dead at 82

Neil Armstrong has been described as an intensely private person, and I was
amazed when a friend sent me the Web address
of a four part video interview he did recently. One that I had never seen before.

I am even more amazed that Discovery Channel or similar hadn't picked up on it.
Perhaps they have by now. I seemed to be
telling people about it, and it appeared no one was aware of it's existence.

The interview was done by Australian accountant Alex Malley.
Google plays a very significant part in this story.

Don...

==================================
CPA Australia Presents
An Audience with Neil Armstrong

In this four part series the first man to walk on the moon, gives a personal
commentary on Apollo 11s historic lunar
landing, his thoughts on leadership and taking risks to innovate for the future.

Part 1 Space Race now available
Part 2 Blast Off now available
Part 3 Giant Leap now available
Part 4 Presidential Pride now available

http://thebottomline.cpaaustralia.com.au /

--
Don McKenzie

Web's best price on Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon, dead at 82

being to set foot on another world, has died. He was
complications resulting from cardiovascular procedures.
friend, and also as "a reluctant American hero who
that had been set by President John F. Kennedy just
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57500382/neil-armstrong-1st-man-on-the-moon-dead-at-82 /

I still remember watching the Apollo 11 landing live on b/w TV, I was at
primary school and the teachers sent everyone home early to watch it.
It was incredibly exciting, and the photos that they brought back were
printed in many magazines. The landing tv signal that NASA sent to the
world came mostly from the Parkes radio telescope.
 http://www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au/news_events/apollo11/tv_broadcasts.html

RIP Neil Armstrong

Site Timeline