Need with a circuit

hmmm...
Trying to solve this problem for a long time But I dont seem to have
enough knowledge to do so :( Ok...I have a circuit with 2 switches. they
are normal on/off switches. if switch one is on then circuit must
produce an equivalent resistance of 100 ohms. If switch 2 is on then the
circuit must produce an equivalent resistance of 0 ohms and 50 ohms
otherwise. How can I achive this? I tried almost all combinations of
resistors and stuff but it doesnot work. I dont know much about
transistors either.

Thanks in advance
K. Civilian

Re: Need with a circuit

"K. Civilian"

** Two 50 ohm resistors connect in series with switch 1 across one and
switch 2 across both.

Open switch 1 & 2  = 100 ohms

Close switch 1 =  50 ohms

Close switch 2  =  0 ohms.

Open switch 2  =  50 ohms.

...........  Phil

Re: Need with a circuit

Do you mean ?

Sw1    Sw2    Resistance
On      Off        100 Ohms
Off      On        0 Ohms
Off      Off        50 Ohms
On      On        50 Ohms

Re: Need with a circuit

And when you say "normal on-off switch" do you mean a single-pole,
single-throw? It's easy to do what Richard has documented if you use
single-pole double-throw switches. A 50 Ohm resistor in SW1's 'ON' position,
the end of the resistor going to the 'OFF' and then to the wiper of SW2,
which has a 50 Ohm resistor in the OFF line which then goes to the ON
contact and is the other output. What you call ON and OFF in these switches
is arbitrary, just so it works.

I've just busted up and moved 6m of concrete and gravel so I'm reasonably
happy I can come up with that much! :-).

Ken

produce
How
stuff