Need to ident a transistor (C9014)

Trying to repair a rechargeable camping lantern that has a small
circuit board. One transistor has a broken leg.

It is marked "C9014" and "C248"and is a in a T0-92 package.
Problem is that no-one has heard of a C9014.
I can find a reference on the net that indicates its an NPN but my
knowledge stops about there.

Can anyone advise a substitute that I could use that I stand a chance
of getting from:
Jaycar
DSE
Tandy
or
RS
in Australia? I have asked for a C9014 and they just look at me with a
blank expression :)

Thanks
Al, Canberra.

Re: Need to ident a transistor (C9014)

hi,  have u  done a search on  google , altavista etc ???
i typed   c9014 in and  immediately came up with a lot of stuff :
e.g   http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/149844/AUK/STC9014N.html

looks like it  is a general purpose transistor.

mark k

Re: Need to ident a transistor (C9014)

Hi Mark,
Yep I came up with similar stuff but I guess the problem is I dont
understand it :)
So while I can see:

NPN Silicon Transistor
hFE(IC=0.1 mA) / hFE(IC=2 mA) = 0.95(Typ.)

and from another site:

KTC 9014
TRANSISTOR SILICON NPN / 50V / 0.15A / 0.625W = 2SC9014
= KTC9014C
= TO092

I dont know enough about electronics to tell which of the commonly
available types could be substituted (ie one of the BC packages I can
get from Jaycar etc???)

My electronics consists of swapping out busted bits - otherwise I am
sunk.
So, apologies for the dummie question but given the specs above can
anyone give me another trannie I could easily get I could slot in?
Thanks

Re: Need to ident a transistor (C9014)

"scubaal" <

  **  A  BC547B  will do.

Just be aware of the reversed C and E pins.

.........  Phil

Re: Need to ident a transistor (C9014)

Thanks Phil

Re: Need to ident a transistor (C9014)

"scubaal"

** This might be it:

http://www.tranzistoare.ro/datasheets2/77/77489_1.pdf

Asian made devices often omit the  "2S" part of the number on the package
label.

Use a good magnifier on such numbers  - that "C248 " could easily really be
" 0248" -  ie a date code for the 48th week 2002.

........   Phil

Re: Need to ident a transistor (C9014)

Go Futurelec webpage http://www.futurlec.com/Transistors/C9014.shtml
This may very well be the one you have.

You could try MPSA06 , Jaycar cat. no. ZT2286 as a substitute. Quick look
suggests that Vce, Ic and hfe are in the same vicinity as C09014.
You could see if Futurelec have the exact part but only if you want to wait
four months for delivery.

PH

Re: Need to ident a transistor (C9014)

Have you tried 2sc9014?

Mad Pete

NOT a NPN transistor Re: Need to ident a transistor (C9014)

Oh hang on a minute it very well be that it is NOT a 2SCxxxx transistor
I was caught out a few years ago with a siemans type power supply in a TV
(used in the cheaper version TV's)
2SC & 2SD are always NPN transitors but this Cxxxx was in fact a working PNP
transistor.
..........  another case a C945 transitor (or whatever) turned out to be a
BC945
But the solution is more likely to be my first example

Re: Need to ident a transistor (C9014)

it would be a 2SC9014

"C9014" is just a common abbreviation for that.

Site Timeline