Need Old Used Record Erase And Playback Tape Heads for Webelo Project

Hi !
      I am still looking for parts for a project my son wants to do for
his scout troop on an echo chamber. Due to the fact that we are very
short on funds and bucket brigade chips seem to be a collectors
piece...I figure we could ask for anyone with old record, erase and
playback heads from old tape recorders or just old tape recorders (reel
to reel will be the best) to donate them. I figure if the oildrum
technology and the chip technology is too expensive and complex maybe
an old fashioned tape echo might be simple enough. So PLEASE! if you
can help out please let me know.

Bill

william snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Re: Need Old Used Record Erase And Playback Tape Heads for Webelo Project

Don't forget the "garden hose" echo chamber.  I remember trying these many
years ago.  Cheap and not too bad.  Get a roll of garden hose, fit a speaker
at one end and a microphone at the other and away you go.  Not the smallest
of devices though.

By the way, you don't have to unroll it :-))

Regards
Barry

Re: Need Old Used Record Erase And Playback Tape Heads for Webelo Project

Re garden hose echo - what a classic!!

JD