Need Information On Valves

I need some info on valves types 6AN7, 68H5, 6M5, 6V4 and 6BD7. I have one of each from an old radio I scrapped out for parts, and need more information like type, function, pinout etc. All I know is that they're 6 volt filament, miniature types. Not enough to be able to use them in any future projects.

Thanks, Dave NSW, Australia

Reply to
Dave.H

Google is your friend

John G.

Reply to
John G

This site has some of these,

Are you sure that 68H5 isn't a 6BH5?

Reply to
geoffjunkster

Might be. The writing was worn off the valve, I was looking at the valve type label on the radio.

Reply to
Dave.H

"Dave.Halfwit "

** You could build a complete AM band radio with those valves.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

He had one but destroyed it.

John G.

Reply to
John G

Yep, enter "tdsl search", which take you to the best valve data search engine on the web,

HTH, Glenn

Reply to
glenbadd

"John G"

** Thinking about that valve line- up again - you could make a nice sine wave generator, going from say 10 Hz to 100 kHz. The two RF pentodes can form the (Wien bridge) oscillator, with a dual gang radio tuning cap for frequency, the 6V4 providing AC rectification and the 6M5 used as a cathode follower for low Z output.

Maybe the 6BD7 can rectify the output signal and drive a moving coil level meter.

Matter of fact - I have such an audio generator myself using a 6BE6, 6BA6,

6V4 and 6BQ5.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

IIRC, 6BE6 is a pentagrid, generally used for mixers. What's it doing in an audio oscillator, or are only some of the grids being used?

Reply to
Bruce Varley

"Bruce Varley"

** It may be triode connected, for low distortion. The original unit dates from the mid 1960s - but has had several revisions and upgrades since then. The dual tuning gang is turned by a 30:1 reduction worm gear, so has near perfect resolution and re-settability.

The mechanical design part was done by technical staff at the Kodak plant in Coburg, Melbourne.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:48:33 +1000, "John G" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Something like this maybe?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

"Franc Zabkar"

** That chassis and valve line up looks exactly like the one used in a large HMV radiogram bought by my parents in around 1956.

It had a 4 speed Garrard auto-changer turntable with a Garrard / Ronette crystal PU in a die cast tone arm !

Push pull 6M5s delivered about 8 watts into a 12 inch Rola 12H permanent magnet speaker - all in an open backed, shiny rosewood cabinet.

What tone !!!!.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison