Need Information On Valves

I need some info on valves types 6AN7, 68H5, 6M5, 6V4 and 6BD7.  I
have one of each from an old radio I scrapped out for parts, and need
more information like type, function, pinout etc.  All I know is that
they're 6 volt filament, miniature types.  Not enough to be able to
use them in any future projects.

Thanks, Dave
NSW, Australia

Re: Need Information On Valves
Google is your friend

John G.

Re: Need Information On Valves

Yep, enter "tdsl search", which take you to the best valve data search
engine on the web, http://tdsl.duncanamps.com/tubesearch.php

HTH,
Glenn

Re: Need Information On Valves

This site has some of these,

http://tubes.mkdw.net/sheets62.html

Are you sure that 68H5 isn't a 6BH5?

Re: Need Information On Valves

Might be.  The writing was worn off the valve, I was looking at the
valve type label on the radio.

Re: Need Information On Valves

"Dave.Halfwit "

** You could build a complete AM band radio with those valves.

......  Phil

Re: Need Information On Valves

He had one but destroyed it.

John G.

Re: Need Information On Valves

"John G"

** Thinking about that valve line- up again  -  you could make a nice sine
wave generator, going from say 10 Hz to 100 kHz. The two RF pentodes can
form the (Wien bridge) oscillator, with a dual gang radio tuning cap for
frequency, the 6V4 providing AC rectification and the 6M5 used as a cathode
follower for low Z output.

Maybe the 6BD7 can rectify the output signal and drive a moving coil level
meter.

Matter of fact  -  I have such an audio generator myself using a 6BE6, 6BA6,
6V4 and 6BQ5.

  .......   Phil

Re: Need Information On Valves

IIRC, 6BE6 is a pentagrid, generally used for mixers. What's it doing in an
audio oscillator, or are only some of the grids being used?

Re: Need Information On Valves

"Bruce Varley"

** It may be triode connected, for low distortion.  The original unit dates
from the mid 1960s  -  but has had several revisions and upgrades since
then. The dual tuning gang is turned by a 30:1 reduction worm gear, so has
near perfect resolution and re-settability.

The mechanical design part was done by technical staff at the Kodak plant in
Coburg, Melbourne.

......   Phil

Re: Need Information On Valves
finger to keyboard and composed:

Something like this maybe?
http://www.howhy.net/Valve-Radio-Chassis-For,i110232639110,c933.html

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Need Information On Valves

"Franc Zabkar"

** That chassis and valve line up looks exactly like the one used in a large
HMV radiogram bought by my parents in around 1956.

It had a 4 speed Garrard auto-changer turntable with a Garrard / Ronette
crystal PU in a die cast tone arm !

Push pull 6M5s delivered about 8 watts into a 12 inch Rola 12H permanent
magnet speaker -  all in an open backed, shiny rosewood cabinet.

What tone  !!!!.

......   Phil

Site Timeline