Need a laugh ?

**  Hi to all my good mates,

Picked up a 2 pack of 150 watt, 240 volt halogen tubes  ( 78mm long ) from
Woollies at Ashfield yesterday  -   Mirabella brand.

They fit in a small flood lamp that lights up my metal work bench.

On the pack one is informed:

" HALOGEN  LINEAR  TUBE   240V  Quick  Start  Non-Flickering   "

Good thing I avoided the CRAPPY ones that warm up slowly and flicker  -
wot  ??

ROTFL ....

.......   Phil

Re: Need a laugh ?

  Remember seeing in a wallet some time back:

  A tag saying "Genuine Vinyl".

  At least they're not lying... :-)
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org

Re: Need a laugh ?

Na na, that was a typo.  They forgot to include at the end,   'and no longer
followed by the usual immediate burnout. (hopefully)'

Mark

Re: Need a laugh ?

I got a 2x500W setup at bunnings and it has a little sticker on it saying
"may get warm", its get to about 100 degrees in a few seconds.

Apparently halogens flicker when they bad switches and contacts, but ive
never seen it, must be like totally rusted contacts or something.

Re: Need a laugh ?

  Can you sue them if the lap DOESN'T get warm?
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org

Re: Need a laugh ?

That means NO-ONE'S going to read any further.
What a waste of time.

ruff

Re: Need a laugh ?

Yeah, I guess it's a laugh at some of the "Jinglish" but overall its sad
when you look at the manufacturing prowess Aussie used to have.

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P

Re: Need a laugh ?

"Rheilly Phoull"
 "Phil Allison"

**  You presume way to much  -  Phoull.

There is no " jinglish"  involved whatever.

BTW:

Mirabella International is an Aussie company that began in 1960  - based in
Tullamarine in Melbourne.

http://www.mirabella.com.au /

See also the history of the company:

http://www.mirabella.com.au/history.html?Itemid41 %

Seems they beat Philips Industries absurd claim to hold a world patent on
the CFL.

.......    Phil

Re: Need a laugh ?

Ohh! wow
Aussie manufacturers strike back. Happy days are here again !!

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P

Re: Need a laugh ?

Err, do they actually manufacture here?
Or even OS?
Or just rebadge?

I know the brand, but none of the current CFLs of 10 are that brand. I
think they came and went.

Re: Need a laugh ?

Every Mirrabella CFL I have owned was made in China. None lasted very long,
so I won't touch them again.

MrT.

Re: Need a laugh ?

I used to live just near the Mirabella shop in Brunswick. I always
thought it was the strangest thing because it was basically 3
shopfronts worth of a room filled with lights. Nothing suggesting that
customers could come in and buy something; nothing suggesting it was
an office location. It was a display but there was no actual
information on how or where to buy the products. In the 5 years I
lived in Brunswick I don't recall ever seeing anyone inside. I did see
a car parked at the back entrance once, though! :)

FWIW I've also had bad experiences with Mirabella CCFLs, they died
very quickly.

Re: Need a laugh ?

Same here. In a 3 tube ceiling strip type fixture pointing downwards,
they were
all dead within 3 months with ~8 hours use per day. I think the
running
temparature was too hot for the body in this position.

I replaced them with PHILIPS and none have failed after 12 months
so far.

Glenn.

Re: Need a laugh ?

Yep... which is why I clicked on yer post...

Site Timeline