Need 115V quick smart

We need 115 volts single phase in a hurry, like within a week preferably. Primary 415v, about 4 KVA continuous rating. RS and Element 14 stop well below this power rating, we could parallel multiple units but that gets messy. All the other suppliers we've checked seem to be custom manufacturers, and particularly at this time of the year the chance of getting something in such a short time is slim.

Does anyone know of a supplier that can source something OTS, preferably in Oz to facilitate shipping logistics? Having said that we'd prefer not to parallel, a couple of reasonably matched 2.5KVA units would be OK.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Long shot - I think you are in Perth; Grant Transformers might be able to help or advise on who could.

If you buy a lot from them they'll give you a bottle of Grants Whiskey for Christmas too!

Reply to
Spuckle

Element 14 go up to 15KVA if you have the $$:

2.5KVA:

If you don't need isolation, and can handle 240 primary, RS are *LOT* cheaper for a 3840VA transformer, in stock, next day delivery.

David

Thanks, obviously didn't hunt hard enough in Element 14.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:29:54 +0800, "Bruce Varley" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I believe I still have a 5kVA 240V / 120V transformer that you could have for the cost of freight. If you're interested, I'll have a look for it.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks, it's just an insurance measure at the moment. We have a tranny on order for a job that has to be running in 2 weeks, there's been some indications that our supplier may not meet the schedule. If things look dire, I may repost but it looks like things will be OK.

Reply to
Bruce Varley