NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

And I've seen some butt ugly people, but that doesn't mean that beautiful people don't exist.

I assume you also have gnaw marks on both arms ?

--
Reply to
atec77

SG1 wrote just the puerile projection thats all it can ever manage.

Reply to
Rod Speed

N wrote

with the telephone wires,

people don't exist.

Thats pathetic.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Just like you Twiggy......

Reply to
SG1

Has SFA to do with my statement : " and every new Brisbane suburb opened up by developers since then has Electricity, phone, and foxtel/Telstra all underground, the only poles are light poles."

Or in fact your "Lie" claim for "Existing power is being put underground"is full of holes e.g.

"The project is part of a record $4 billion-plus five-year capital expenditure program currently being undertaken by ENERGEX. In the 2009-10 financial year ENERGEX is investing around $940 million on upgrades to its electricity network while a further $360 million-plus has been set aside to maintain and operate the network ? that?s an overall average of more than $3 million a day."

just some examples :-

Any search of Real Estate sites in Brisbane and South QLD reveals the increase in underground power and cabling for older suburbs as well as new ones.

But, don't let the truth get in the way of your cemented on opinions Rod, it would be totally out of character.

Reply to
Sunny

Sunny

up=20

all=20

The most contentious / not correct part of the above statement is that Foxtel has been rolled out, underground, to every new Brisbane suburb.

--=20 Magilla=20

Reply to
Magilla

**At my last address and my present one, the backup power supplies are noisy (mechanically).
**They should have been placed underground, EVERYWHERE in Sydney.
**See above.

**See above.

**Then that would be dumb too, considering most of Sydney has underground 'phone lines.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

SG1 wrote just the puerile shit thats all it can ever manage.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Sunny wrote

Everyone can see for themselves that that is another lie.

light poles."

I have seen BrizVegas burbs done since then that aint anything like that.

Everyone can see for themselves that I never ever said anything like that, you silly little pathological liar.

We'll see...

financial year ENERGEX is investing around

million-plus has been set aside to maintain

day."

Doesnt say a damned thing about what I actually said was a lie, you silly little pathological liar.

Doesnt say a damned thing about what I actually said was a lie, you silly little pathological liar.

Doesnt say a damned thing about what I actually said was a lie, you silly little pathological liar.

ones.

Doesnt say a damned thing about what I actually said was a lie, you silly little pathological liar.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That onehanded typing is getting slower Twiggy.

Reply to
SG1

As a friend of mine observed, the only reason that sewers are underground in Sydney is that they don't have strong enough poles to carry them.

Reply to
keithr

Are you aware that in too many cases the conduit that contains the phone and internet cable/foxtel is too small to have any thing else forced through it?

Anyway the decision has been made to include above ground fibre (in large lumps) but don;t be concerned it will be thinner and less noticeable, according to clownroy (Conroy)

Too Late : "From that underground network, government electricity company Aurora is running fibre cables along its above-ground street power lines, to feed the high speed broadband access into more than 200,000 homes by 2010."

"Aurora Energy, which jointly owns the Tasmanian NBN Company (TNBN Co) with the national NBN Company, will be responsible for building the network, recently issued a request for tender in late July for around 1120 kilometres of overhead cable and just 40 kilometres of underground cable."

And, for a non "radio talk back" aka your fetish Allan Jones forum opinions

And, for an Australian Senate view :

And from that clown Conroy ("Trust me I work for the Gummit"):

"This is the glimpse Communications Minister Stephen Conroy gave us of his vision for the government's $43 billion high-speed national broadband network when he finally unveiled the implementation study on the project last week.

It involves 55 per cent of the 10 million premises to be cabled being connected above ground, and 45 per cent through underground ducting.

Conroy is not in the least concerned that there will be resistance to this from homeowners, who already stare at the tangled aerial cable infrastructure that is the legacy of the Keating government's involvement in the pay-television rollout war between Telstra and Optus.

In an attempt to comfort those residents in the 5.5 million premises to be connected by above-ground fibre cables, Conroy said these would be thinner and strung higher than existing pay-TV power pole cabling.

"Just more than a year ago Finance Minister Lindsay Tanner was enthusiastically promoting the role mobile services were playing in driving productivity across the economy.

Holding his mobile phone out to an audience at the National Press Club in Canberra, he said people would look back in 50 years and "call this period of human existence the era of the mobile phone".

"The internet and the mobile phone are becoming the same thing," he added.

But the social engineering in Conroy's vision for a brave new world would encourage a more sedentary population dependent on services supplied through the umbilical cord of his broadband cable, rather than following the trend towards mobility of communication services.

Reply to
Sunny

SG1 wrote just the puerile shit thats all it can ever manage.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Sunny wrote

the redundancy. Mind you: I'd like to see

dumb.

(mechanically).

'phone lines.

Thats a lie. And they arent 'forced through' either.

lumps) but don;t be concerned it will be

Thats is accurate.

Nope.

high speed broadband access into more

kilometres of overhead cable and just 40

Says nothing useful about the rest of the country.

Completely irrelevant to what will happen.

Thats not the senate view, thats just that committee's view.

The committee doesnt determine the vote in the senate, fool.

Thats actually from some murdoch shit rag and its absolutely notorious for its one eyed view and lies about anything the labor govt is about.

vision for the government's $43 billion

implementation study on the project last week.

Irrelevant what he claims, the NBN wont survive the demise of the Labor govt and when that happens will determine whats been done at that time.

from homeowners, who already stare at the

government's

You dont even know that there will be any resistance in that regard.

He's right.

enthusiastically promoting the role mobile services

And even someone as stupid as you should have noticed that he's long gone.

He's right, and that has absolutely nothing to do with the NBN.

Cant even manage to get the wording right. No wonder he got the bums rush.

More lies.

Mindlessly silly. As always with that shit rag.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Well Roddles, I stood and watched the Foxtel/Bigpond blokes "threading" the cable from the Telstra pit next door (It had the 4 "taps" for four of the houses in my street).to my Telstra pit. It jammed 3/4 of the way to the pit that fed the phone wires into my house. They gave up that day and laid the cable from the "Tap pit" across my front lawn and onto the connection box that fed the internal access cables through my house. They returned the next day, and dug s couple of large holes into the footpath and located where the cable that they had jammed. They then smashed through the conduit and hooked another cable to the jammed end and pulled a new cable into my access pit Repair consisted of placing broken bits of conduit on top of the conduit holes, sealing with tape and filling the holes back in.

(Comment from one of the workers at the time "Hope we didn't stuff some of the phone lines")

Reply to
Sunny

Large snip

The first 3rd of my street is above ground, then they got it right. So will be interesting to see if they try to swing it from very widely spaced light poles. New estate round the corner is all below ground. They appear to have closer together lights than we do. As we are near Toowoomba and they are in the area, am I allowed to use my large step ladder and be a vandal???????

Reply to
SG1

Same as last time, variety please Twiggy.....

Reply to
SG1

Sunny wrote

the redundancy. Mind you: I'd like to see

dumb.

the telephone wires,

(mechanically).

'phone lines.