NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

Yes really

Yep

The existin copperwire is obsolete and worn out. Simply needs replacing and that's going to be with optic fibre. If it is not Australias landlines will go the way of the Dodo. Both Labor anf Liberal are going ahead with the NBN

The coperwire landline is ancient and aging. Fibre is cheaper to replace than copperwire and is capable of doing more in the way of Telecomunications than Copperwire. Australia has determined it is in the National inerest to replace it at a cost of at least $43 Billion.

What is the result of zero landline in Australia? Wireless base Stations will still need Fibre connections and each 4g station will have to be at least 30 kilometre radius (more in "blackspots")

I live in Campbelltown the Copperwire is so pathetic, higher speed broadband was a platform Russell Mathews MP for Macarthur was voted in on

The pot calling kettle black

Petzl

-- Vote "Christian Democratic Party" return values to Australia

"You are the salt of the Earth... You are the Light of the World"

Reply to
Petzl

Pretzl lied

Yes.

Nope.

Wrong. It will eventually be everywhere.

Nope, it will mostly be used by those who need the portability and those who dont use the net much.

Utterly mangled all over again.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Pretzl lied

Nope.

Another bare faced lie. Its how most of us get our broadband right now.

Another bare faced lie.

Nope, not once the voters pull the plug on Labor.

Another bare faced lie.

Another bare faced lie.

NBN.

Another bare faced lie.

Another bare faced lie.

Pity about the price.

Australia never got any say on that, liar.

Thats never gunna happen.

That number is straight from your arse, we can tell from the smell.

Obvious lie. Exist at most.

Another bare faced lie.

voted in on

Another bare faced lie.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Perhaps if you explain how much bandwidth or customers are lost through relaying/retransmission in a wireless-only network you could get some traction.

--
I will not be dictated to by others.
-- Hosni Mubarak, former Egyptian dictator, Feb 11 2011

Congratulations Roddles. You must be the ONLY person outside of the telcos who has any idea. Hold on NO idea.

Reply to
SG1

**I'll believe when I see it. I live around 20km from the GPO of the largest city in the country. Mobile 'phone reception is flakey (on all carriers) and I regularly get drop-outs. Wireless internet simply doesn't work where I live. I can't even get decent ADSL2 speeds. Internet 'phone systems are a joke. I suspect I am not alone. There is a fibre node, situated a tantalisingly close 50 Metres from my front door. Roll on NBN. 4G will become just as congested as 3G is a very short period. There is a market for wireless internet, just as there is a market for fibre. I don't need to tell you that for fibre to be congested is very unlikely in the near future. If an when that happens, another fibre just needs to be dropped into the same hole. Wireless is fundamentally limited. Fibre is not.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

This was known about on last re-election of Gillard Labor However it is the advisors for Telecomunication that the Government is acting for

Indeed the Government is renewing it

Googled it actually

But your opinion counts

Petzl

-- Vote "Christian Democratic Party" return values to Australia

"You are the salt of the Earth... You are the Light of the World"

Reply to
Petzl

and give everyone absolutely crappy service. Wireless is shared badwidth.

Reply to
terryc

B J Foster wrote

He's right.

You cant even bullshit...

Nope.

Nope, not even possible with the current federal parliament.

landlines will go the way of the Dodo.

You dont know what the coalition will do, f****it.

NBN.

Pity about the cost of doing 4G.

was a platform Russell Mathews MP for

Labor.

Not next election it wont be.

Reply to
Rod Speed

SG1 wrote just the puerile shit thats all it can ever manage.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That's what I'm finding in most suburbs outside Sydney I live in Campbelltown (Sydney outer metro) with the same results you speak of.

Petzl

-- Vote "Christian Democratic Party" return values to Australia

"You are the salt of the Earth... You are the Light of the World"

Reply to
Petzl

I get 3 kilometre radius

Petzl

-- Vote "Christian Democratic Party" return values to Australia

"You are the salt of the Earth... You are the Light of the World"

Reply to
Petzl

Pretzl lied

Which barely scraped in and only survives because of a few 'independants' that arent even labor, let alone gillard labor.

for

Another bare faced lie. There was no advisors for Telecoms that were stupid enough to go for FTTP when no one was stupid enough to tend for the dud's FTTN.

Nope. They wont be allowed to rip up the copper network, you watch.

Thats wimax, not 4G.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Just for restoring my faith in stupidity I will top post.

Reply to
SG1

SG1 wrote just the puerile shit thats all it can ever manage.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I looked at the coverage maps on the VividWireless web site. Did you?

In Perth or Sydney?

Fine, wait 20 years, get crappy guvmint service and pay a large fortune (through the tax system). Labor idiots.

Reply to
B J Foster

B J Foster wrote

No need to wait anything like that long. Labor wont last anything like that long.

Virtually everyone will get excellent non govt broadband.

Another lie. Labor wont last anything like long enough for that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

N wrote

up against a few technology hurdles.

Just because someone claims something doesnt make it gospel, fool.

Reply to
Rod Speed