NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across

NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across

The company behind building the national broadband network, NBN Co has taken to
popular forum, Whirlpool, to supply
comprehensive detail on its pricing model.

The forum post has attracted a fair bit of debate from industry pundits such as
Internode’s Simon Hackett and NextDC’s
Bevan Slattery on various aspects of the pricing structure.

NBN Co spokesperson, Scott Rhodie, said in the forum it took consultation with
the industry fairly seriously and wanted
to open a new avenue, and transparency through engaging via Whirlpool.
[ IT's a mobile world so dial-up the latest on tablets, mobile phones and telcos
with ARN's mobility newsletter ]

He addressed reasons for the pricing structure and alluded to comments made by
NBN Co head of product development and
sales, Jim Hassell, that requirements for wholesale pricing was to payback the
cost of the network plus generate an
appropriate return.

Full story:
http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/383437/nbn_co_uses_forum_get_pricing_message_across /
Forum thread:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t16%75718

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across

This is the best they can do to keep the media informed?

--

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 06:52:26 +1000, Don McKenzie scrawled:

<snip>
Is not going to be providing fibre optic connections to anyone outside a
major urban centre, so I just don't care. And if they think wireless
technology can deliver the same claimed speeds, they can pull the other
finger and listen to the sound I make. As it is I get ADSL2+ speeds
faster than in my peers 'thuh city'.

--
Oh, bugger!

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across

Thats a lie.

You have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly irrelevant.

They dont.

And it remains to be seen if they get to rip out the copper network and so your
ADSL2+ pair.

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 09:03:56 +1000, Rod Speed scrawled:

No, you miss the point as usual. So why do Rutherglen and Chiltern get
fibre optic and Barnawatha miss out?

Why? Because I dissagree with your pronouncements?

I know, but that's not what NBN Co is leading the less informed punters
to believe. I know people who have to rely on NextG wireless and the
coverage is patchy at best and often no better than dial up.

Oh, bugger!

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across

major urban centre,

Another lie.

Neither of those are major urban centers.

Because there is sweet fuck all there.

Because thats the way the real world is.

You didnt in that bit, fool.

believe.

NBNCo isnt doing anything like that, those fools just pig ignorantly claim that.

best

No one I know who uses that finds that. And thats got
nothing to do with what NBNCo will be providing anyway.

Another pig ignorant lie.

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across

You have hacked their pcs to find out Roddles??????

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across

<nothing of interest>

Forget to take the Diazepam did you? Now go grab a clue before it runs
away.

--
Boo!

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across
Parko wrote just the puerile shit any 2 year old could leave for dead.

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 05:41:24 +1000, "Rod Speed"

Hardly.

It got you going, Roddles.

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across

Sorry Polly ,but Roddles gets us going. To the dunny of course.

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across

Corse he did.

Nope, not that particular post.

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 05:41:24 +1000, Rod Speed scrawled:

I doubt that very much, Captain Slow. You're still totally clueless about
how poor the wireless broadband coverage can be in rural areas.

--
Oh, bugger!

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across
Parko wrote just the puerile shit any 2 year old could leave for dead.

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across
and you stopped thumb sucking just long enough to dribble some down your bib

--

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across

He's behaving like a churlish spoilt brat right now. A barely literate
potty mouthed one...

--
Bugger!

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across
Parko wrote just the puerile shit any 2 year old could leave for dead.

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across

Any 2 year old yes, Roddles NO!!!!!!!!

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across
On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:33:17 +1000, SG1 scrawled:

It seems I've acquired my own pet stalker: Cap'n slow, the cut'n'paste
queen.

--
Oh, bugger!

Re: NBN Co uses Whirlpool forum to get pricing message across
Parko wrote just the puerile shit any 2 year old could leave for dead.

Site Timeline