NBN

I just got a letter redirected from my old place in Strathfield(where there is already perfectly acceptable adsl X2+)that it is now ready to connect to NBN,here,(Couridjah) where it is needed I have got no chance

Reply to
F Murtz

Do you have ADSL there? If not, you might be eligible for the NBN interim satellite service (which is what I am on).

Reply to
Jeßus

I do have ADSL, which has software control (by telstra)slowing down things so to allow for the state of the street cabling, or the distance (Bad line ???) When first connected it was fast but telstra wont remove the throttling it has since put on the line (which they did after repairing an unconnected street fault after lightening.)

Reply to
F Murtz

Lightning.

Reply to
F Murtz

NBN is supposed to be here early next year, trouble is if we get it my son will never move out, he's saving for a house and is planning to buy by the middle of next year but with NBN here I will have to throw him out if he can't find a house with NBN:-)

--
Daryl
Reply to

Farking hell... wasn't aware they did that. Must be a relatively new thing.

It's a bugger in your situation, as they can say you have access to broadband - whereas I had no options at all and was a shoe-in for the satellite service.

Reply to
Jeßus

It was due here early next year too, but when Frank Burns and his co-horts stepped into APH...

I called NBNCo and was told "at this stage, everything's going according to plan."

I called Malcolm Turnbull's office and was told "there haven't been any decisions made, but if there are, we'll post it on our web site."

A few weeks later, despite over 70% of the work having already been done (trenches widened from the exchange to well past my house, fibre already laid more than 50% of the way), the NBNCo web site went to "not planned" for my area.

It's interesting to note that Strathfield, an area where construction commenced several months later than it did here, managed to get their services rolled out - could it possibly be because it's a safe Liberal seat? Nah, of course not, we couldn't possibly accuse our politicians of such blatant favouratism, could we? :-/

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

The only choice is NBN provider. Parents telephone was out for weeks whilst the "cabling went in and now the NBN has sent them a letter to say contact their copper service provider(telstra) for a free connection within the next few months. Telstra wrote and said 2014 will be when they will get around to it.

Reply to
news13

They have been doing it for years. It's called bandwidth throttling and is done by the ISP.

How is the satellite service compared to ADSL or ADSL2???

--

Xeno
Reply to

I just checked the web site and nothing has changed for my area, still saying available early 2014 but there is a disclaimer saying not to reply on the web sites information as its subject to a Govt revue.

That's not possible:-)

--
Daryl
Reply to

I already have 24mbs and am quite happy with the speed , being 1k from the exchange helps :)

--

Reply to
atec77

Luemeah? I understood they were still out with widespread "disconnections". Parents had weeks of disconnection at Gosford when they actually started putting cable in.

I had the rope & inventory bunnies at my pit this morning. They decided my new lead-in was the continuation of the cable up the street, but that it was blocked and wold have to be replaced.

Reply to
news13

I had a Telstra adsl service. Forget the BS lightning.... Throttling is just what they do. Get them to release you from the contract and find someone else.

--
:-P
Reply to

Thats the problem, there is no one else here, otherwise I would have.

Reply to
F Murtz