NBN

I just got a letter redirected from my old place in Strathfield(where
there is already perfectly acceptable adsl X2+)that it is now ready to
connect to NBN,here,(Couridjah) where it is needed I have got no chance

Re: NBN

Do you have ADSL there?
If not, you might be eligible for the NBN interim satellite service
(which is what I am on).

Re: NBN

I do have ADSL, which has software control (by telstra)slowing down
things so to allow for the state of the street cabling, or the distance
(Bad line ???)
When first connected it was fast  but telstra wont remove the throttling
it has since put on the line (which they did after repairing an
unconnected street fault after lightening.)

Re: NBN

Lightning.

Re: NBN

Farking hell... wasn't aware they did that. Must be a relatively new
thing.

It's a bugger in your situation, as they can say you have access to
broadband - whereas I had no options at all and was a shoe-in for the
satellite service.

Re: NBN

They have been doing it for years. It's called bandwidth throttling and
is done by the ISP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth_throttling

How is the satellite service compared to ADSL or ADSL2???

--

Xeno

Re: NBN

I had a Telstra adsl service.
Forget the BS lightning.... Throttling is just what they do.
Get them to release you from the contract and find someone else.

--
:-P

Re: NBN

Thats the problem, there is no one else here, otherwise I would have.

Re: NBN

NBN is supposed to be here early next year, trouble is if we get it my
son will never move out, he's saving for a house and is planning to buy
by the middle of next year but with NBN here I will have to throw him
out if he can't find a house with NBN:-)

--
Daryl

Re: NBN

It was due here early next year too, but when Frank Burns and his co-horts
stepped into APH...

I called NBNCo and was told "at this stage, everything's going according to
plan."

I called Malcolm Turnbull's office and was told "there haven't been any
decisions made, but if there are, we'll post it on our web site."

A few weeks later, despite over 70% of the work having already been done
(trenches widened from the exchange to well past my house, fibre already
laid more than 50% of the way), the NBNCo web site went to "not planned" for
my area.

It's interesting to note that Strathfield, an area where construction
commenced several months later than it did here, managed to get their
services rolled out - could it possibly be because it's a safe Liberal seat?
Nah, of course not, we couldn't possibly accuse our politicians of such
blatant favouratism, could we? :-/

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Re: NBN

I just checked the web site and nothing has changed for my area, still
saying available early 2014 but there is a disclaimer saying not to
reply on the web sites information as its subject to a Govt revue.

That's not possible:-)

--
Daryl

Re: NBN
I already have 24mbs and am quite happy with the speed , being 1k from
the exchange helps  :)

--

Re: NBN

The only choice is NBN provider. Parents telephone was out for weeks
whilst the "cabling went in and now the NBN has sent them a letter to say
contact their copper service provider(telstra) for a free connection
within the next few months. Telstra wrote and said 2014 will be when they
will get around to it.

Re: NBN

Luemeah?
I understood they were still out with widespread "disconnections".
Parents had weeks of disconnection at Gosford when they actually started
putting cable in.

I had the rope & inventory bunnies at my pit this morning. They decided
my new lead-in was the continuation of the cable up the street, but that
it was blocked and wold have to be replaced.

Site Timeline