NBN 1Gbps.??? - Page 2

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

Yep, which is amazing that it's a Labor plan opposed by the Liberals, rather
than the other way around. Liberals are the party who usually give taxpayers
money to big business. Don't the mining companies want an NBN I wonder? :-)

MrT.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

I pay a bucketful for all sorts of infrastructure that I will never use,
thats the way that society works.

Anyway it is highly likely that the average user will use that bandwidth
in future, for instance, in the US, video stores are becoming an
endangered species, more and more people are downloading their rental
movies from online vendors. Thats just one change, cloud computing and
software as a service are the way that the industry is moving like it or
not. Google's new operating system is probably the way of the future,
just enough mechanism to run the browser and get on the internet.
So,instead of paying Adobe $1000 for a copy of photoshop to edit your
photos, you'll rent it by the hour, the megabyte or whatever, and that
will take more than the 12 furlongs per cubic fortnight that the Monk is
offering.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

the way that society works.

Doesnt mean that it makes any sense to be spending $50B when most
of us have very decent broadband available when we want to buy it.

It makes a hell of a lot more sense to be spending a hell of a lot less
than that providing broadband for those that cant currently get it for
the price the rest of us pay.

future,

Yes, but that doesnt mean that it makes any sense to be spending $50B on
it when there are plenty better things to be spending $50B on, like hospitals
etc.

and more people are downloading their

And what matters is whether it makes any sense to be spending $50B to do that.

that the industry is moving like it or

Like hell it is for consumers.

Nope. It makes a hell of a lot more sense to be spending a hell
of a lot less than the $10K per household on the OS instead.

of paying Adobe $1000 for a copy of
whatever,

And pay $10K per household to be able to do that. Makes absolutely no sense
whatever.

Makes absolutely no sense to be spending $10K per household when
there are plenty of things that money can be better spent on instead.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

The same can be said for a great many government projects, at least the
NBN has utility that will extend for decades to come.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

Have fun listing even one that is costing anything like $50B from now on.

Just as true of current ways in which broadband is being delivered.

Yes, FTTP is quite a bit faster than the current broadband,
but it makes absolutely no sense to be spending anything
like $50B just so people can download DVDs much quicker.

Thats about all the absolute vast bulk of consumers will ever do with the better
speed.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

I agree, lets go back to gravel road as they are cheaper to maintain.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

Wrong, as always.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

Yes, you were and are wrong, as always Roddles. OTOH, you are probably
just ignorant of this and many other factors in the real world.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

You never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

No surprise that you are completely unemployable.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

Would be funny IF they weren't proposing to lay fibre cables along side
gravel roads!!!!

MrT.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

Usually,the fibre is further away, about 100 metres into the paddocks.
easier access and only a few fences to cut and repair as they lay it out.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

gravel roads!!!!

You are wrong, as always.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

But no plan to upgrade those gravel roads! Nor any plan for a High speed
National Rail freight network. And only one extra passenger rail line
proposed. I'm still puzzled why broadband is considered more important than
housing, food, electricity, water, public transport and roads?

MrT.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

Heed  the lessons from Rome; reject the bread and circuses.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

Already do, it's the other 90% of the population that is the big problem!

MrT.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

What do you mean go back to???? I live in a state of Anna Blight.....

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

Roddles lives in the city and has hotmix between his dos house and
drinking hole and thinks that is what everyoe else has,

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

You are wrong, as always.

You are wrong, as always.

You are wrong, as always.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

Nope, it will probably be outdated long before then. People already want
high speed *wireless* services, NOT be fixed to a cable.

MrT.

Re: NBN 1Gbps.???

Some people think they want it and that is all that is needed. the rest
of us know that those wireless towers are going to need enormous bundles
of fibre and that it is easier and better to just get another fibre put
to them with better bandwidth/signal/picture/more/super/delux/platinum/
another superlative/etc  service.

Site Timeline