National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

Hi again,
   Would anyone have or know where I could get a schematic for this
old portable B&W TV which was once sold in Australia?
   Thanks!

Bob

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

Bob, have you tried Speedy Spares?

... Donkey

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

G'day,
   No, so far I've only e-mailed High Country Service Data without
getting a reply.
   Thanks for your suggestion - I hadn't thought of Speedy Spares even
though I've dealt with them in the past.

Bob

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

No worries - they're pretty good for schematics for most of the major
brands/models. I haven't been in the repair industry for a few years, but
their email address used to be:   snipped-for-privacy@speedyspares.com

... Donkey

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

You'll probably still get a reply from HCSD - he's usually pretty good.

... Donkey

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

"Humphrey B. Bear"

**  Not even the famous Speedy Gonzales is gonna help him with a 30 year old
B&W  TV schem.

........  Phil

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

old
You're probably right, Phil, it is getting a bit long in the tooth, but you
never know.

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

"Donkey D..."

**  Well,  I have a schem and PCB layout for a  " H.M.V. 1184 "  12 in. B&W
portable,  right in front of me.

Cos I actually own one -  and it is a goer.

Care to carbon date it,   anyone  ?

.....    Phil

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

year
B&W
And it's not in a museum???

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

: >
: > "Donkey D..."
: >
: > >> **  Not even the famous Speedy Gonzales is gonna help
him with a 30
: year
: > > old B&W  TV schem.
: > >
: > > You're probably right, Phil, it is getting a bit long
in the tooth, but
: > > you
: > > never know.
: >
: > **  Well,  I have a schem and PCB layout for a  " H.M.V.
1184 "  12 in.
: B&W
: > portable,  right in front of me.
: >
: > Cos I actually own one -  and it is a goer.
: >
: > Care to carbon date it,   anyone  ?
: > .....    Phil
: >
: And it's not in a museum???
:
Don't you know Phil here is into "Verge Side Electronics"?
Anything electronic left out in the street in Summerhill
gets spirited away at night.  BTW ask Phil how old his CD
player is?

Regards TT

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:29:00 +0800, "TT"

Thanks to everyone who replied -  appreciate it.

BTW, I've got a Sony CDP101 too. :-)

Cheers
Bob

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

"Bob Parker"

**  Is it still performing to good as new like mine  ?

.......    Phil

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:11:38 +1000, "Phil Allison"

   Unfortunately it has the symptoms of a dying laser... skipping and
trouble finding tracks. It was great before that happened though.

Bob

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

"Bob Parker"

** Is the disk draw moving sluggishly ?

If so, the nylon gear lubricant has gone sticky.

WD sprayed into the affected areas does wonders.

Might fix all the symptoms.

......  Phil

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

I doubt that the disk drawer is the cause of this problem, more likely it's
either the laser diode going down or a problem with the sled. (I'm assuming
that you've cleaned the lens.) Either too much wear, or bad lubrication. The
first is hard to fix, unless there's a power adjustment trimpot in the
circuit, but if it's only a lack of or sticky lubricant on the sled rails,
re-lubricating could fix it. In the case of Sony Playstations, when the sled
rails are worn, turning the unit upside-down often helps. (No good in this
case)
... Steve

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

"Little Steve"

  **  As do I  -  kindly read what I wrote to Bob.

**  The " sled " uses the same sticky grease.

   Must be 20 gear wheels and other bits involved.

 **  Bad grease is my hunch.

Seeing as 100 % of  CDP 101s have that exact issue.

Shame you have no clue.

.........  Phil

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

Phil, you just can't help yourself, can you?
What did I say to upset you, and when will you grow up?
Or maybe you're right, I have no clue and am just making things up. I know
that you're not too bad with electronics - it's a shame that your social
skills aren't up to the same level.
... Steve

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

"Little Shit"

**  Needs an enema   -   badly.

.......  Phil

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

Phil, I feel very sorry for you. You really are a sad case. I couldn't be
bothered wasting any more time on you. I hope for your sake that you
eventually sort out your problems. (My advice is that you seek help, since
obviously you haven't already done so. You're sick.) I didn't say anything
offensive about you, so what's the problem? I was only trying to help Bob.
Anyway, you've about done it for me, as far as these electronics newsgroups
go - I won't be back.
... Steve

Re: National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

"Little Shit"

**  Big  splat ........

.......   Phil

Site Timeline