National TR-5090A TV schematic needed.

Hi again, Would anyone have or know where I could get a schematic for this old portable B&W TV which was once sold in Australia? Thanks!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Bob, have you tried Speedy Spares?

... Donkey

Reply to
Humphrey B. Bear

G'day, No, so far I've only e-mailed High Country Service Data without getting a reply. Thanks for your suggestion - I hadn't thought of Speedy Spares even though I've dealt with them in the past.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

No worries - they're pretty good for schematics for most of the major brands/models. I haven't been in the repair industry for a few years, but their email address used to be: snipped-for-privacy@speedyspares.com

... Donkey

Reply to
Donkey D...

"Humphrey B. Bear"

** Not even the famous Speedy Gonzales is gonna help him with a 30 year old B&W TV schem.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

old

You're probably right, Phil, it is getting a bit long in the tooth, but you never know.

Reply to
Donkey D...

"Donkey D..."

** Well, I have a schem and PCB layout for a " H.M.V. 1184 " 12 in. B&W portable, right in front of me.

Cos I actually own one - and it is a goer.

Care to carbon date it, anyone ?

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

year

B&W

And it's not in a museum???

Reply to
Donkey D...

You'll probably still get a reply from HCSD - he's usually pretty good.

... Donkey

Reply to
Donkey D...

Hi, You could try Television Replacements in Doncaster 0398504144 they have lots of circuits for older sets,and they used to be the Panasonic agents. John Ely.

Reply to
John Ely

: > "Donkey D..." : >

: > >> ** Not even the famous Speedy Gonzales is gonna help him with a 30 : year : > > old B&W TV schem. : > >

: > > You're probably right, Phil, it is getting a bit long in the tooth, but : > > you : > > never know. : >

: > ** Well, I have a schem and PCB layout for a " H.M.V.

1184 " 12 in. : B&W : > portable, right in front of me. : >

: > Cos I actually own one - and it is a goer. : >

: > Care to carbon date it, anyone ? : > ..... Phil : >

: And it's not in a museum??? : Don't you know Phil here is into "Verge Side Electronics"? Anything electronic left out in the street in Summerhill gets spirited away at night. BTW ask Phil how old his CD player is?

Regards TT

Reply to
TT

Thanks to everyone who replied - appreciate it.

BTW, I've got a Sony CDP101 too. :-)

Cheers Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

"Bob Parker"

** Is it still performing to good as new like mine ?

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Unfortunately it has the symptoms of a dying laser... skipping and trouble finding tracks. It was great before that happened though.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

"Bob Parker"

** Is the disk draw moving sluggishly ?

If so, the nylon gear lubricant has gone sticky.

WD sprayed into the affected areas does wonders.

Might fix all the symptoms.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I doubt that the disk drawer is the cause of this problem, more likely it's either the laser diode going down or a problem with the sled. (I'm assuming that you've cleaned the lens.) Either too much wear, or bad lubrication. The first is hard to fix, unless there's a power adjustment trimpot in the circuit, but if it's only a lack of or sticky lubricant on the sled rails, re-lubricating could fix it. In the case of Sony Playstations, when the sled rails are worn, turning the unit upside-down often helps. (No good in this case) ... Steve

Reply to
Little Steve

How old is that?

I've got a Sony D-22 (walkman-size) that I bought ex-warrantee repair in about 1989 IIRC, and it's still going strong. Makes an awful noise if you accidentally try to play a data or MP3 CD, but still...

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I haven't powerd it up for a long time. No, I haven't tried re-lubricating the sled rails. If I ever get time, I might give that a try. I was assuming it to be an electronic problem, and we all know that technicians should never assume anything. :-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

I bought it in 1984, back when domestic electronics was built for a long service life way past the warranty period. :-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

"Little Steve"

** As do I - kindly read what I wrote to Bob.
** The " sled " uses the same sticky grease.

Must be 20 gear wheels and other bits involved.

** Bad grease is my hunch.

Seeing as 100 % of CDP 101s have that exact issue.

Shame you have no clue.

Reply to
Phil Allison