Mythbusters

Great episode tonight!
They blew up a plane, made a remote control Police car, and shot
bullets out of a car fuse holder.
Where do I get a job like that?

Dave :)

Re: Mythbusters

That explosive decompression gig in the plane was real interesting ...
They had to go to some extremes to really damage the plane.

Did you notice, SBS did the Mythbusters "chicken gun" show at 5pm?

Those guys must have a ball doing those experiments ...
And they're getting paid for it too.....  8-o

Re: Mythbusters

I'm looking forward to seeing new episodes. So far they've only shown
series 1 in Australia, and that seems to be about 12-18 months old.
Foxtel has a habit of claiming shows are "new" when they really aired
in the USA a few years ago, and given that they've already shown series
1 at least twice (second time in tandem with SBS on FTA) hopefully it
won't be too long before we see series 2 *somewhere* on AU TV :)

Re: Mythbusters

On 28 Mar 2005 12:30:48 -0800, "rowan194"

Here's a sneak preview:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0836220498.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Mythbusters

hehehheheehehehheheh

Re: Mythbusters

"David L. Jones"

**  Absolutely  -   well up to their very high standard.

**  Sure  -  but that is like saying the Beatles were a four part harmony
group.

**  A weapons research lab maybe.

     Like Woomera was in the 1950s and 60s.

.............   Phil

Re: Mythbusters

put finger to keyboard and composed:

I hear Osama is recruiting ...

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Mythbusters

The problem with doing that stuff is that not only does it have to work, it
has to look good on TV. This might mean doing a perfectly good job over and
over and over. After a while ot becomes a chore rather than fun.
Might have a few problems blowing up a plane over and over I guess :))

Jim

Re: Mythbusters

**Kinda like that Honda Accord Euro advertisement. 600 takes, before they
got it right!

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Mythbusters

Yep, the producer can be a right royal PITA. Must admit I got out of the TV
business when I noticed that our on air "stars" (well they thought they
were) wore their makeup on the street....and the females as well.
I suppose thats normal for the cafe late set these days, but it was
rather....umm....unusual back in Fred Flintstones days :)

Cheers
Jim

Re: Mythbusters

I think it was 238 or something like that, but they still cheated by
splicing two sections together.

Re: Mythbusters

**According to this:

http://www.opinion.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/04/13/nhonda13.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/04/13/ixhome.html

It was 607 takes. If you have alternate information, I would be interested
in hearing about it.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Mythbusters

http://www.opinion.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/04/13/nhonda13.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/04/13/ixhome.html

You mean it didn't "just work"?

Re: Mythbusters

Particulary when you're only allowed to fire the musket under military
supervision!  :)

--
John H

Re: Mythbusters

Re the police car, Mythbusters version: Kinda disappointing.
If you want to rip out the diff and rear axle properly,
you must use a strong pair of tire chains,
not weak wimpy steel cable.

Re: Mythbusters

I enjoy the show, but I find it pretty disappointing that the guys
falsely project that the show is about science, and so often project
false conclusions from their tests. It seems to be an opportunity to
have fun while doing real science, but they don't even seem to know
what science is.

Re: Mythbusters

"Clifford Heath"

  **   No examples in sight .............

  **  Unlike Clifford Heath   -  who has no idea what a logical point is.

.............   Phil

Re: Mythbusters

It isn't boring science, or product endorsement or anything like that.

It is practical testing.

"This is an urban myth that is supposed to have happened", "Can we make
it happen". Only then will we look at the science and try and explain
it.

Re: Mythbusters

Did anyone see the one about spinning CDs till they shatter?

--
John

Life is short eat chocolate

Re: Mythbusters

Just had a vision of my cdrom drive going out of control LOL

Site Timeline