My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.

It was a beautiful piece of technology and I can't bring myself to throw it
out.

Re: My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.

If you don't, your grand kids will eventually. :-)

They will never know what it represented to you for many years. I dumped a lot
of stuff recently, good bad, and ugly.

I had walls of Electronics magazines, and it took many months posting one out to
each customer, when they went out in a
yellow or red PO bag. Don't know if they enjoyed or even read them. But I
preffered to do that to dumping them.

Cheers Don...

================================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.
Donny,

Is that why you dont invite me around anymore..

=8-(

Mik

Re: My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.

which one were you Mick?

:-)

Cheers Don...

========================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.

**Why would you? I still have mine. I poured over specs for months, before I
selected my Sanwa (50k/V) model (an AVO was WAY outside any rational budget
in those days). Finally, on my 16th birthday, my parents spent a very
significant chunk of money and bought me the model I wanted (with the
leather - not pleatherT - case). Of course, it hasn't been used in years,
but I would no sooner chuck it out, than cut off my arm or throw out my
Faber Castell 2/83N (the Rolls Royce of slide rules).

Have you seen the price of analogue meters? They're more expensive than
digitals.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

:
:**Why would you? I still have mine. I poured over specs for months, before I
:selected my Sanwa (50k/V) model (an AVO was WAY outside any rational budget
:in those days). Finally, on my 16th birthday, my parents spent a very
:significant chunk of money and bought me the model I wanted (with the
:leather - not pleatherT - case). Of course, it hasn't been used in years,
:but I would no sooner chuck it out, than cut off my arm or throw out my
:Faber Castell 2/83N (the Rolls Royce of slide rules).
:
:Have you seen the price of analogue meters? They're more expensive than
:digitals.

I just checked RS for an AVO model 8 Mk7 and it comes in at $2320 + gst.
http://australia.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R06%53020

Re: My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.

"T.T."

** Not a Sanwa N501D by any chance ?

http://pics.ricardostatic.ch/2_638110168_450/elektrowerkzeuge/sanwa-n501d-praetzisionsmessgeraet-analog.jpg

http://www.ict.ne.jp/~marantz7/audio/jpg/n501_1d.jpg

Bought one back in the early 1970s.

The 2uA ( !!! ) taut band movement died and rendered the thing useless.

...  Phil

Re: My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.

http://pics.ricardostatic.ch/2_638110168_450/elektrowerkzeuge/sanwa-n501d-praetzisionsmessgeraet-analog.jpg
Not quite that upmarket. It is a CX-505.

Re: My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.

"T.T."

http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~ja5dbe/sokuteiki/tester.jpg

...  Phil

Re: My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.

The meter in the pic looks very much like the meter in a Peak multimeter
I have had for ages

Let me know if you want a pic, as I would happily donate the Peak to a
good cause (for the price of postage)

David

Re: My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.

Thank you for the offer, but no thanks.
My ugly, nameless DMM does anything I need, except to trigger floods of
nostalgia.

Re: My Sanwa analogue multimeter has died.
Hand it down as a family heirloom - one day it will be worth a fortune.

Site Timeline