my electronics related web page

All,

I have made available my web page after a few years absence.

http://www.users.on.net/~jsno /

It contains electronics/micro controller related projects.

Cheers

Re: my electronics related web page

Yes, but the site itself gives the impression that none of them will
work. You could fix each page by putting it through the W3C validator
<http://validator.w3.org/ but a better idea would be to accept the
gift that the open source community offers. Visit the Open Source Web
Design site <http://www.oswd.org/ and choose a design you like that
is based on CSS and HTML 4.01 or XML. After a bit of cut and paste
from your current site and updating a few links you will have
contributed to the OSWD goal of "making the Internet a prettier
place".

Re: my electronics related web page

What's wrong with his web page?
Basic text, links, and inline images, looks fine to me.
Why does it have to be "pretty"?

Dave.

Re: my electronics related web page

     Those were my thoughts too....

Bob

Re: my electronics related web page

And surprisingly *that* home page displays as a dogs breakfast in my web
browser.
In any case the aforementioned web site looks pretty tacky to me even if it
actually displayed as the designer intended!
Until MS gets on board, the 60-80% of people that use their web browsers
will not benefit from non supported standards anyway.

The best tactic is to make sure you try your web site design on all recent
browsers, and not slavishly follow design rules that are yet to be widely
implemented.
OTOH I agree it would be better if they were.

MrT.

Re: my electronics related web page

Works fine in mozilla.

The content is dated and not really worth looking at, so dont be to
stressed.

Re: my electronics related web page

it

Yes, and that's not an MS product.

Did I mistakenly give the impression that I was stressed? :-)

MrT.

Re: my electronics related web page

I would rather see him spend his time working on projects than on
making "pretty web pages"
The quality of electronic content is of much more interest to me.

I think its great that this bloke has gone to the trouble that he has,
and I liked the site.

Re: my electronics related web page

WHAT A HEAP OF SHIT

UNREADABLE GRAY FONT ON BLACK BACKGROUND

All,

I have made available my web page after a few years absence.

http://www.users.on.net/~jsno /

It contains electronics/micro controller related projects.

Cheers

Re: my electronics related web page

Perfectly readable on all three of my browsers

  perhaps sir has no clues and needs to buy one?

Re: my electronics related web page

In so much as he probably needs to calibrate his monitor, maybe. But to
simply assume everyone should see it as you do, is as clueless as you claim
him to be.
(His inability to locate the caps lock key, not withstanding :-)

MrT.

Re: my electronics related web page

Thanks guys, I found my problem I am not using 600*400 pixel resolution like
you people

Get with it 19" CRT monitors are now a dime a dozen.

In so much as he probably needs to calibrate his monitor, maybe. But to
simply assume everyone should see it as you do, is as clueless as you claim
him to be.
(His inability to locate the caps lock key, not withstanding :-)

MrT.

Re: my electronics related web page

It's perfectly readable on IE and Firefox, I suggest you go get your
eyes checked.

Show us *your* electronics website.

Dave.

Re: my electronics related web page

Now why does everyone assume the browser somehow makes more difference than
the monitor used and it's calibration, when trying to read grey text on a
black background?

I can read it OK, but I wouldn't choose those colors myself.

MrT.

Site Timeline