My aerial point isn't where my TV is

I'm renting a small appartment in the inner city and have no choice where
my aerial point is. The only logical place to put my TV is over the
other side of the room. Currently I'm running a long extension cable
around the wall but this is ugly.

Is it possible to plug something into the aerial point which would
re-transmit the whole RF signal across the room to where the TV is? I
could plug my STB into the wall and use one of those wireless 4GHz tv
transmitters but I'm afraid that will significantly degrade the signal
and probably screw up my Wi-Fi reception..

I'd also like to get FM into my Denon reciever, which this wouldn't do.

Would such a beast be cheaply possible?

Cheers, Robert.

Re: My aerial point isn't where my TV is

The wireless AV sender for the set-top box would be a good way to go. If it
is 4GHz then it shouldn't interfere with the Wifi (assuming 2.4GHz). Either
way, pick a sender that's not going to be on the same band. Chances are
they'd work together, but then again, maybe not.....

I don't believe you'll find a sender for the whole RF spectrum, so the FM is
a problem. You could leave the FM tuner over there too and use another
sender to send it's audio output to your amp/theatre system, I guess it
depends on how keen you are to not look ugly.  :-)

Cheers.

Ken

Re: My aerial point isn't where my TV is

Try two rabbit ears antennae. 1 on the socket, and the other on your tv/vcr.
You'll have to carefully orientate them with respect to each other to get
the maximum signal strength.

Re: My aerial point isn't where my TV is

"Robert Atkins"

**  Get some white coloured  able  -  it will blend in with the walls.

  The idea of re-transmitting across a small room is IDIOTIC !!!

Site Timeline