MP3 Players

Can you get a portable MP3 player that can also play movies, full length?

Re: MP3 Players

My Ipaq plays both fine. My Jornada might do it if the movie was small
enough.

--

Wing Wong.

Re: MP3 Players

Beat me to it.

Convert videos on your PC to the 'fullscreen' resolution of your PDA, get a
decent memory card or two, and you're set.

Bonus option of ebooks, games, all the normal PDA funcs also

-mark

Re: MP3 Players

Creative make one called the Zen Portable Media centre, it's got a 20gig
HD i think

Re: MP3 Players

G'day,

My Archos Gmini400 plays .avi files and .mp3 files. It's roughly the
same size as an ipod. Here's the specs:

   Video playback: MPEG-4 SP with MP3 or ADPCM stereo sound, up to
   640x400 @ 30 f/s, AVI file format. Reads XviD and DivX®** 4.0 &
   5.0. Play Music Video in MPEG-4.

   Display: 2.2" LCD 220x176 pixels, 262 000 colours and TV output.

   See http://www.archos.com/products/overview/gmini_400.html

The only annoyance I've found is that some .avi files won't play, and
the file needs to be converted first to a compatible codec or resolution.

I got this in the US for $250 from Amazon on special, however I think
the normal retail is US$399. The retail in Australia is around $700. Ouch.

[Although somehow tonight I blew up the AC charger. Dunno if I can find
a replacement charger in Australia that has an output of 5V to 1.6A]

-- Geoff

Site Timeline