Mounting LCD Displays

HI

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to mount an LCD
nicely in a diecast case?  Are there ones designed for panel mounting? I
have trouble cutting a perfectly rectangular hole to fit it and make it look
ok..

Regards

AJ

Re: Mounting LCD Displays

Bezels
If you're talking about 3 1/2 to 6 digit displays such as in a multimeter, then
RS Components has a bezel from Bulgin.

www.switchesplus.com.au represents Falcon, who have a range of LCDs
with bezels in a DIN format. The displays are 16x1, 16x2, and various multidigit.
Probably expensive too, but a phone call should sort that out.

http://www.proud.com/ PRD Plastics have a range of LCD bezels as well. You can
purchase them using a credit card from Digikey in the US. www.digikey.com

For an alternative mount, why not use 2.5mm screws and 2.5mm thread spacers, and
mount
the display from the rear of the case. Or even use a small right angle bracket
to mount the display
to the base of the enclosure. Then you won't have the unsightly screws marring
the finish
of the front panel.

Re: Mounting LCD Displays

Thanks mate, that's exactly what I am looking for, I knew they must have had
them somewhere!

Regards,

AJ

Re: Mounting LCD Displays

multimeter,
You
www.digikey.com

I have also seen products which have the screen attached to the panel using
some very sticky double sided tape. The tape is black coloured, not sure
what its called, but its that sticky i cant remove the screen without a
screwdriver and some effort.

Ross

Re: Mounting LCD Displays

You're welcome.