Motors controlling vents etc.

Hi

Would the following be easy enough to do or are there any affordable products on the market to do it? Do you know of anyone who could help me do it?

The idea was to activate a motor to close a vent when sunlight fell on a light sensor or rain landed on a rain sensor. It would be good if the louver opens again when the light fades or when the rain sensor dries out. So when the sunlight was on the sensor or there is rain the motor would go forwards until it hits a limit switch to cut the power to the motor. I could simply wire in a micro switch to do this. When the light faded or rains sensor dried out, it would be good if the sensor caused the relay to put the motor in reverse. I thought that two circuits would be needed because if only one circuit is used, the limit switch would keep the circuit open so that even when the relay put it into reverse the limit switch would still be open. If one circuit is used it would have two limit switches on the one circuit where one would be closed but the other would be open. However, if two circuits are used with on limit switch on each of the circuits the SPDT relay would switch over to the reverse circuit where the limit switch would be closed to enable the vent to open.

Your help is appreciated, Regards Richard.

Reply to
richardghole

You could probably adapt a garage door controller to do it - Oatley have one in kit form that is not too expensive. It is an overkill solution (unnecessary UHF receiver etc) but it might be worth a look.

If you have the sensors and the reversing circuit already worked out, then the problem that you see with the the limit switches could be solved with a couple of diodes in series with the switches.

Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood

Hi Andy or whoever can help,

Thank you for your letter.

I do not have the circuit worked out. Do you think there would be much involved to do it? I am not experienced with making up circuits and need someone else to do it. I am happy to pay you or anyone for your time. Could you help me do it or do you know who could? I am busy working on many inventions and do not get time to learn how to do the electronics.

I am about to make an order from Electus Distribution or Jaycar. Do you think they would have anything to help me do this?

Your help is appreciated, Regards Richard.

Reply to
richardghole

. . .

Best I can see is Jaycar cat BM-7106 Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood

Reply to
Ian J Robinson

On 6 Mar 2007 18:04:12 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" put finger to keyboard and composed:

You might like to try to adapt an automotive climate control system. There should be plenty at the wreckers.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Hi Ian and Franc

Thank you for your letters.

Do you know any website links that sell these things or explain how they work? What sort of cost would be involved or time to set them up? I can order some high torque motors from Electus Distribution for about $20. It is just a matter of getting the circuit to work. If the circuit is simple it could be made up by someone.

Your help is appreciated, Regards Richard.

Reply to
richardghole

the circuit is simple.

.-------------------------------------------------------------. | This is an ascii schematic, if the diagram appears garbled | | try switching to a fixed-pitch font (courier works well) | | pasting it into notepad works well on ms-windows. | | or in google groups "view source" (found under options) | `-------------------------------------------------------------' SW1 _____ +V --+---o o----o-_ | .~-o----. 0V +-|---------+--o . | | | | . MOTOR | | SW2 `--o-_ | | | _____ .~-o----' | `---o o----o . | . `---------------|~| |/| relay sontrol --------------|_|

when there's no voltge put into the control input the motor will run one direction until limit swich SW1 is opened , this could close the louvres for instance. when a voltage is put on the control line the relay switches contacts and the motor runs the opposite direction until it opens the other limit switch.

The bit that makes the decision to open or close the louvres will be the Interesting part,

If you're after an off-the-shelf solution you could see what vergola have. Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen