Motherboard caps gone pop ...

pretty standard issue deal, few capacitors on a motherboard have rabies and
are frothing at the caps and the thing no longer works. Assuming no damage
has been done to surrounding/other components, i figure it will work if
replaced. However, i don't have a regular account with places like farnell,
and jaycar and DSE don't stock the specific value. i figured increasing the
value wouldn't hurt too much, would that be a correct assumption?

they are 3300uf 10v, rated to 105degC, 5mm leg pitch, 10.25mm wide ~28mm
tall. the have a reasonably small amount of breathing room around them for a
fatter component if required.

Jaycar and DSE (lol) don't stock the right values, and as i dont do this
kind of thing too often i'm not sure where else to look that i can get
reasonably swiftly (like tomorrow) from a retail outlet of some kind (in
Sydney, inner west preferred)

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Re: Motherboard caps gone pop ...

"What The"

 **  WES  Components,  Liverpool Road Ashfield.

Type  " 3300EXR10  "    =  3300uF, 10 volt, 13 x 21mm.

Low ESR, 105C.

Circa $1.50 each inc gst.

..........  Phil

Re: Motherboard caps gone pop ...

excellent, thanks Phil will go for a drive tomorow.

Re: Motherboard caps gone pop ...

"What The"

** WES are open Saturdays,   9.00 am  to 4.00 pm

  Very cool for a basically trade outlet.

.....   Phil

Re: Motherboard caps gone pop ...

Excellent thanks Phil, figured if they were open on weekends, it would be by
10am, but seeing as its a little earlier that's handy.

Many thanks.

Re: Motherboard caps gone pop ...

You don't need an account for Farnell & RS, you can just rock up at the
trade counter, but you'll have to wait 15-20min while they get it. Best
to phone through and ask for a "cash sale" to be picked up at the trade
counter, then it's ready when you get there.
Some nice bargains to be had at the trade counters too, excess and
discontinued stock, sometimes at giveaway prices.
Don't know if they are open weekends though.

Dave :)

Re: Motherboard caps gone pop ...

I know that RS is somewhere out near smithfield, unless that's just a
warehouse, and Farnell being at Chester Hill is a fair drive, but i think
WES as suggested by Phil Allison is probably closest to me. If they're out
of stock thats my bad luck, but won't know until i go.

Re: Motherboard caps gone pop ...

"What The"

**  WES are very much up to date.

 They now even have   TELEPHONES   !!!!

 (02)  9797  9866

.......  Phil

Re: Motherboard caps gone pop ...

lol! phones, why did I think of that!

ended up the board still dead after replacing caps, off to the dumpster it
goes.

Cheers.

Re: Motherboard caps gone pop ...

lol! phones, why didn't I think of that!

ended up the board still dead after replacing caps, off to the dumpster it
goes.

Cheers.

Re: Motherboard caps gone pop ...

Just goto farnellinone.com.au. Pay by credit card. They have never failed to
get me stuff overnight.

Site Timeline