Mosfet switching with protected/short circuit proof outputs

From: "VN" Subject: Mosfet switching with protected/short circuit proof outputs Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:25 PM

Hi all

Can someone show me how to configure a mosfet to turn on an item. The output needs to be short circuit proof. I'd love high side switching with positive input to the gate to turn on.If not low side will do. Any schemats in jpg or pdf would be fine.

Many thank to all

you can email me direct if you wish snipped-for-privacy@box.net.au

Victor

VN

The ST Microelectronics VNQ830 is a 4 channel High Side Driver with 6 amp outputs, RDSon = 65m ohm, Vccmax = 36V, with status outputs for each channel. The VND830 is the same device, but with 2 channels.

Reply to
dmm